recently back from SA

Abhunter

Reaction score
Media
Just back from South Africa and posted my pictures in my gallery.The wife and I loved our trip and have brought home a few trophies to remember.A little bad luck with the Sable but hopefully the local taxidermist can help me out.We both hope to back to Africa soon.

Abhunter, must be a bit of a story to go with the photos!

Well i'm not much of a writer but here goes.My wife and i arrived in Joberg on July 25 at midnite (one day late due to an airline company i won't mention) met our outfitter and started our 4 hour drive north to the area we would be hunting.First day was sleeping and checking rifles,on the second day my wife took her zebra that she wanted very much and that started things off.The next day she took a waterbuck and then it was my turn we hunted a different concession where i took a nice Nyala and after many stalks a Blue Wildebeest.Our next hunt was for a giraffe in another area and after hunting this guy for a half a day I got off a good shot and collected this nice trophy.We had just enough time in the day to stalk some Blesbok and My wife took another nice trophy.The next day we hunted the concession we were staying at and my wife took a Red Hartebeest after a lengthy stalk and a nice shot.That afternoon we went out looking for a bushbuck for my wife but i ended up taking it after a long stalk, crossing a creek and getting to within 6 yards of this feeding bushbuck (wind was blowing pretty good).The next day took us to yet another concession for the Sable which we hunted all day and finally got a chance late in the day, up till now my wife was shooting really good but like almost all of us have done missed a little too far back.We didn't find him before dark and were out the next morning early but unfortunately the Hyenas had gotten to him first, fortunately we still recovered the skull.After that day we took a couple days off hunting and my wife left to tour South Africa and do some sight seeing.The next couple of days were very cold as a freak storm blew in from somewhere and brought snow something that hadn't been seen in quite some time I was told,even though it was cold i took a nice Kudu and a nice old Elan bull.Next we packed up and drove further north to hunt Buffalo my outfitter had put aside 5 days to hunt buffalo and it was a good thing.The first day there we got lucky and bumped into a nice Gemsbok which i really wanted and hadn't seen too many up till then so i didn't waste any time.We hunted hard for 3 days managing only glimpes of the buffalo while putting on many miles tracking them.I took a nice Impala while on that concession before we moved to another area to try for buffalo there.We hunted there and with an hour and a half left in my trip i got my buffalo, this animal is the main reason i flew half way around the world for and now i have one.Our trip to Africa was more than we even imagined and we both want to go back.Our outfitter was great and we are so happy with the trophies he helped us collect.

Who did you hunt with? I bet the airline was United.

A tough start but Africa made up for it with some good hunting and nice trophies.
Congratulations.

Those are some Great Trophies Congrats to you and your wife.

Congrats for a great hunt and some very nice trophies. Thanks for sharing !

ABhunter, thanks for taking the time to pen a few lines, much appreciated and once again congrats!

Congrats, sounds like you guys had a good time and lots of shooting.

Thanks for the hunt report! A lot of great animals taken!

Welcome to AH Abhunter! Thanks for sharing your time in Africa with all of us...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markekcertifications

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you