Ready to Hunt Elephant

Ida Ram you can not imagine how slow time is moving now!

I will be there with you in spirit, I'm happy you are living your dream.

Charlie... have a feeling that you will end up like me, when you get a taste of elephant hunting you will develop an almost fanatical urge to hunt them..

I strongly recommend reading Richard Harlands book "Ndlovu", The art of Hunting the African Elephant...by far the best book I have seen so far on the subject.

Well folks I went to the range today with the 416 and the report is Outstanding. Three weeks and three days to departure!
I know excatly how your feeling Charlie. The anticipation is killing me. Specially since this is my first safari. Elephant!! Oh man. I'll have to dream on that one. Lol. 32 days for me. Are you still shooting Hornadys? As always stay safe and the very best for a great safari

Hell Charlie, you even got my fingers sweating....

Simon mine are sweating also! I'm just counting days but like it was mentioned earlier they are moving soooooooo sloooooow

Ok we are seven days from departure! Flying this morning for work and wishing it was the flight to Atlanta to begin my hunt. Pieter at Paw Prints is off hunting lion this week, be safe Pieter, and has everything in order for my hunt. Bryson, my son, is ready to go. The bags are packed.....all I need to do is put the rifles in the gun case! Henry at Rifle Permits emailed that he has the permits and will have someone meet me at the gate!
Mike Smith at Capricorn Taxidermy is ready and on stand by.
Pieter is taking care of the Coke Zero and Jim Beam.....maybe a few steaks as well.
Been to the range and practiced with both the 416 and 458 Lott! Have walked until I have sore knees!

OK! READY TO HUNT ELEPHANT NOW!

Have a phenomenal trip! To me elephant hunting is the epitome of African hunting and I hope I have the opportunity like you one day.

Hope you can get us some updates while you are there!

not fair ro make us wait til you get back..... ;)

Good luck Charlie!
Happy hunting and straight shooting!

R.

Have a blast Charlie!

Hope you have the time of your life!

Looking forward to hearing all about it.

Good luck Charlie! What an unbelievable experience it will be! You will make a million memories on this trip!

Thanks everyone for the well wishes. If Internet is available I will most assure all send updates!

all the best with it , Charlie .
try fish oil capsules for the knees ,mate .
if you do , take them when you eat ,or you''ll taste em later on ......
they work .......
looking foreward to reading all about this adventure , upon your safe return .....

best of luck charlie,make sure you have them make you some elephant kebabs with onions in the field during retrieval day over hot coals.meat from the cheek.
you still never told me how you intend to get your trophys home.

Bro, you are going to have an excellent time!!!!! Just think, in a week you'll be there and actually hunting elephant (y)

Good luck on your adventure, Im sure its going to be the experience of a life time!

Charlie good luck on hunting an save return.
The hunt will be worth al the extra efforts!!!!

Edward I will have the trophy parts shipped via Logwin Logestics ocean freight. I intend to have two separate shipments. One just the tusks and then a second with the other items.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BennettTim

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross