RE: R 40 000 for 5 hippos, 3 day hunt

Renier van vuuren

Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Dear Friends,

Hope you are well.

L&L Safaris has conducted the cull of hippos in South Luangwa National Park, Zambia for the last 4 year. 2012 is the first year guest hunters are allowed on these hunts. Hunters are accommodated in a primitive mobile camp in close proximity to the specific hunting site along the Luangwa River. Lal Visser the appointed L&L Safaris professional hunter has 12 year experience in hunting Zambia, Zimbabwe, South Africa and East Africa. Lal has been involved in the Hippo cull for the last 2 year and has successfully culled more than 400 hippos. L&L Safaris would like to invite international and local hunter to participate in this unique opportunity. Please send me your email address for more pictures and information.

Season:
Season starts the 1st of June to and ends the 31st October 2012

Package includes:
One trophy of the five hunted animals (Includes trophy of skull and tusks excludes back and belly skins)
Professional hunter, Lal Visser
Use of L&L Safaris rifles (.260 and .375)
Daily rate including accommodation, food and soft drinks

Additional costs:
Dipping and packing US$ 300 per client. All trophies will be exported to Oasis tanning in Krugersdorp 30 days after hunt.
Observer US$ 120 per person per day/Guest PH $50 per day

Payment terms:
50% deposit secures your booking
Balance to be paid upon arrival

Terms:

Not more than 4 hunters per hunt
No bow hunters allowed.
Hunters may import their own rifles.
Please note that all of the hunts below are strictly GUEST HUNTS.
Cancelations will result 30% loss of the hunt value.

Excludes (Should be handled by hunter/outfitter/agent)
Shipping costs
Air-tickets ex Mfuwe International Airport
Hotel Accommodation
Liquor
Medical insurance

watermark.php

watermark.php

Regards,

Renier

Last edited by a moderator:
Renier

This is very interesting...if I must say so myself.

40,000 Rand comes out to about $5,250 USD or about $1,050.00 a Hipo. Truly a bargain in the offering.

Usually i would do some online searching to see what is involved for air travel and transportation costs. i have not done this, i you would please indicate how a hunter would reach camp. road or private flight?

The way i read This is a exclusive HIPO hunt ONLY...in a Park in Zambia.

A hunter will receive his choice of the 5 HIPO's he culls for 1 Skull and tusks --- and will not be able to receive any part of the hide.

Am i missing something?

Renier, appreciate you getting some more details in this new thread.

Is Lal Visser the PH in Zambia? Is he licensed or is their another PH from Zambia directing the hunt?

Thanks

e mail sent

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vietgen

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!