Range-Finding Binoculars Swarovski or Leica?

broncolcj

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, SCI
Hunted
South Africa, Namibia
Ok guys, I'm making the leap up to full rangefinding binos. Finally got tired of fiddling with the additional rangefinder every time I glass an animal. I'm also more than a little envious of my PH's binos too.

Here are the two I am looking at:

Leica Geovid HD-B 10 x 42; These are the ones my PH on my last two hunts has. He swears by them.

Swarovski EL Range 10 x 42; I haven't tried them yet but I've used the regular ELs and they are wonderful.

The price range is close enough here that it's a wash. Anybody want to chime in and give an opinion on which I should get?

flip a coin.......
they both will be great.......
which one has the best warranty?
and do they both have a place in your state, where the warranty work ,is done ?

Both great - from memory the Leica's range is a little better suited to bow hunters. The Swaro's start at 30 yds. Swaro customer care is second to none.

Leica will always get my vote.
Don't want to complicate it for you, but 2 in one is not always better. If something happens to the bino you are out of a rangefinder and the other way around. Forget the bino in camp or in the truck and you sit without both tools.Crack a eye cap and the same thing happens.

Leica in my opinion make a better range finder, I use swarovski bino's. But either way you won't go wrong.

Leica without a doubt. Just my opinion and you know what they say about those! LOL

Both are great but my nod definitely goes with Leica.

Both are great and out of my price range. I have to vote for the Leica as the one I looked thru was great as are the reviews. The others are not too far behind but to me they still are 2nd. If money was no object I would have the Leica and save my Zeiss binos and Leupold rangefinder as back up.

Maybe you could buy them both. Write a comparison article here on AH. Or you could buy a Vortex, use the difference to hunt something new. Lots of options. .......................FWB

Maybe you could buy them both. Write a comparison article here on AH. Or you could buy a Vortex, use the difference to hunt something new. Lots of options. .......................FWB
Not a bad idea. My current binos and rangefinder happen to be Vortex already

I own a pair of Leica BCA and had a Leica 1600 rangefinder, sold it and bought a Geovid HD-B 10x42 and am very happy with my purchase. You really cannot go wrong with Leica. The only thing that I don't like about them is they are made in Portugal instead of Germany, but my BCA is Portugal too, but it was not 3k either.

Leica Geovids. Best piece of equipment I own.
Funny I wonder where you got those! The only problem with my 10x42 hr -r is that I can not switch from yards to meters. Ask Marius he has first hand knowledge. If I was to upgrade mine I would definitely get the hd-b 10x42. The new prism is much clearer than my current set.

Last edited:
I would go for Leica, you also have the specific ballistic card with "click" Indications on the Leica. Furthermore I find the Swarovski not very easy to read distance.... Maybe only me..

If Zeiss could make them model a little bit lighter and less bulky I would say Zeiss is the one, but they don't have the scope click indication for scopes with torrent knobs.

Also, I think that Leica also measure the outside temperature and counting in this in the bullet drop... good in Kalahari when the Gemsbok standing far away out in a freezing early morning and the rifle was zeroing in +40 Celsius the day before...

Leica is running away with this one. I am leaning that way

I've made my choice. Going with the Leicas. Got a good deal on pair for about $400 less than Cabela's and Europtics and reduced shipping. Pretty overwhelming support for Leica, thanks guys!

Good to hear and you will not regret that, regarding the support from Leica in Europe I don't put it very high at all... because the only problem pure esthetic with the Leica is the color and yes I'm a kind of person that like details.. so I ask them a year ago if that can be possible to special order one Leica Geovid HD-R
in green, I kindly ask them to add all the extra costs for this "problem" and they did not came back... I send one more mail and repeat my question and again no answer...

This is color of LEICA ULTRAVID.
Leica-Binoculars-10x32-Ultravid-HD-Oliv (1).jpg

I prefer Leica...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bkNen

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross