Quote for Yahoo story on the pros/cons of legal trophy hunting in Africa

gloppy

Reaction score
Hi forum,

I'm a writer for Yahoo Travel, we're doing a story on the pros/cons of legal trophy hunting in Africa. Wanted to reach out to this forum to get an actual hunter's perspective for the story--someone who's been there, done that, and willing to be quoted on the record about their experiences, why it should be legal, how it should be done right, and any other perspectives you might have.

feel free to drop me an email at wbfink@hotmail.com

thanks,

Bill Fink
www.billfinktravels.com

Want to really have some AMMO to use against the anti hunters with all the talk about banning lion hunting
Hear if from an anti hunter himself.

15 minutes that WILL be worth your time.
It was mine, many months ago when I first watched it
SHARE it with an anti lion hunting group or friend !

Whoever signs up for this should be ready to receive plenty of harassment from the anti's. They've gone full bat excrement cray over the lion in Zimbabwe and are probably just getting started.

BILL FINK. You seem to be a real journalist POST my link ON YAHOO NEWS and you'll prove it to me !
AND your articles you will be writing about no doubt with your posts here on a hunting forum.
You game !

Good video you don't have to like hunting, but if you understand the whole picture before you act you might have a balance. That is my positive hope. The reality is most of them can't see past their emotions and hate to see the big picture.

Bill,
I'm sure you can find many knowledgable individuals on here who would be happy to answer your questions. The problem is if their name will be held anonymous. Those who we refer to as anti's are known to make threats and be very harassing.

The thing that is surreal is what say they will and want to do hunters. So much hate, they threaten to kill you, I've seen them on other sites threaten to kill the hunters children or granchildren, Threaten to go to their home and kill their dog. It's so disturbing the KILLING these people want to to to other human beings an destroy their lives. They are not willing to have even a decent debate it's their way or they want you dead.

Yahoo Travel with a hotmail address?!? I had a similar request from a "new member" on here once. Pretty sure the email he sent to me crashed my PC. No thanks to that quote request!

Yahoo Travel with a hotmail address?!? I had a similar request from a "new member" on here once. Pretty sure the email he sent to me crashed my PC. No thanks to that quote request!
Nice eye.

Notice Mr Fink isn't attempting to answer any questions!

How is a person a journalist for yahoo and has a hotmail email address.....does not make any sense at all.

Does the antis think hunters are stupid as well?
Mr Fink are you open to discuss?

Reactions: BWH
Everyone,
If you click on his link www.billfinktravels.com you will see he really is a freelance writer and photo journalist. That being said he lives near San Francisco. Click on his headings and you will find a listing of his various publications. One recent story dated June 15th 2015 is "Have Safaris Gone too Far" and it is in fact on the Yahoo travel page. So he is who he says he is as far as credentials go. He also has written an article entitled "The Mad Max Road Trip to Namibia"
My guess is that his story is going to take an anti bent given the recent media attention to Cecil the lion being illegally hunted in Zim!
But as I noted in a previous post he is not responding to our postings on this site. He is sitting back waiting for us to go to him at his hotmail address! CAUTION says do not engage him!

trap.gif

oh good lord... You can all contact me via billbfink@yahoo.com if that'll make you feel safer.

I'm not personally a hunter, but I am a journalist: The point of the Yahoo story is to include the perspective of someone who is a hunter, to get that side of the story shared, to show the potential personal, environmental and economic benefits of regulated, legal hunting --otherwise it'll end up just being an "anti" story if those are the only sources willing to comment on the record. My uncle was a big life-long hunter, but he's dead and I can't interview him, so hopefully someone on this message board can step up.

here's what I'm looking for:

1) "Here's why I chose to go on a African trophy hunt"
2) "Here's how I selected the hunt company" (better game, truer hunt, safety, scenery, legality)
3) "Here's what happened on my hunt" (style of hunt, animals bagged)
4) "Why I would/wouldn't do it again"
5) Your perspectives on why African trophy hunting should be kept legal--and if it should also be kept legal for endangered and threatened species.

I'll take a Pass

Mr. Fink,

You can certainly see why people would be suspicious. That is not meant to offend you. However, in todays climate of haters & anti's, one must be guarded. And we see plenty of hacks on here. I'd be happy to address with my 2 cents....

1) Lifelong dream.... adventurous child, grew up in outdoors, read books (Hemingway, Capstick, etc.) Admired Teddy Roosevelt.
2) Years of vetting.... research, attending Safari shows, referrals, etc.
3) Amazing experience.... The scenery, the people, the animals, the food, the terrain. I shot 10 animals... all plainsgame.
4) Hell yes! Going back in May of 2016
5) Why not?!!? It is good for their economy... hell it is an economy. It employs/feeds/homes all types... millions of people. It is extremely game RICH... no shortage of animals. It funds conservation & efforts to protect species.
5a) Endangered/Threatened.... I think animals that are protected, should be just that. Global conservation efforts should always be made, all over the planet to protect species that are "endangered". Those that are not, should still be managed to ensure they do not become endangered or threatened. I can tell you that no other organizations on the planet do more to protect wildlife than Hunters/Conservationist. Hunters raise more money/fund initiatives in hours & days, than activist do in years. That is a fact.

Thank you.

Take 15 minutes and listen to the posted video.
Look at this article and the summation attached

I do tend to believe your an advocacy journalist looking for something we are not willing to give.
You think I want to try to defend my personal feeling and moral and ethics and get attacked like the dentist that shoots a lion , maybe legal or illegal but has been tried and convicted and destroyed by nameless people all over the net ? For what conducting myself in a legal manner under the laws of that country?

Attachments

• traffic_species_mammals83-1.pdf
    4.5 MB · Views: 109
Hi forum,

I'm a writer for Yahoo Travel, we're doing a story on the pros/cons of legal trophy hunting in Africa. Wanted to reach out to this forum to get an actual hunter's perspective for the story--someone who's been there, done that, and willing to be quoted on the record about their experiences, why it should be legal, how it should be done right, and any other perspectives you might have.

feel free to drop me an email at wbfink@hotmail.com

thanks,

Bill Fink
www.billfinktravels.com
Thank you for taking the time to reach out to our members and hear our side of the story. Contrary to anti hunting believers we are not ruthless law breaking people. We are very concerned about wildlife and conservation for ourselves and the future of wildlife and future generations.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunnyOkn64

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois