Question Regarding Packing Bow/Arrow

DrewFS

Reaction score
Well, I'm prepping for my bow hunting trip so SA in August and I'm trying to figure out how to pack both a crossbow and a recurve plus arrows. Actually it's the arrows that are giving me fits.
My first thought was to use a 1720 Pelican case. As both my crossbow and recurve breakdown I believe I could get the crossbow stock, riser/limbs, and my recurve riser and limbs and maybe the crossbow arrows in this case. I'm not sure if I would have room for 18-24 32" arrows in the case as well though.

I was only planning on checking the bow case and a blue bag and carrying on a midsize backpack with my clothes and binocs.

So looking for any and all advice on how to efficiently pack 2 dozen 32" long arrows, plus 18 or so 18" arrows, a crossbow (broken down), and a recurve bow (broken down). Of all of these items the arrows are the longest, especially if I put them in a separate arrow case (35"-36").

I really appreciate any advice...

Drew

I pack two cases, my recurve and arrows and everything that goes with it and about half my clothes to pad everthing in one case then my wheel bow , arrows , release, portable bow press and any thing else and then the other half of my clothes to pad it. That way if either one arrives I have what I need to start hunting. One time my wheel bow arrived 2 and a half days later but I had already shot impala and warthog with the recurve.

Ok when I first saw the price of that tuffpak I was a little shocked but after doing some research that might just be the ticket. Thanks for the heads up on that!

>>Jeff, what kind of cases are you using?

I just use a cheap plano compact bow case and have never had a issue, I think it's because I cram it full of clothes to pad everything and to take up all space, I also put pins through the holes for locks on it for insurance. My recurve I pack in a duffel bag and the arrows in a hard case inside the bag. Nine trips and it's worked ok for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JameShiple

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!