Question for our American friends

better than freezing your nuts off :D. a properly made cornish pasty is good, but most arent great. best i had was in cornwall for some reason.....;)

Up here in Canada there are a whole pile of emasculated brass monkeys. It is just 2C today and it feels like a heatwave compared to Jan and Feb

Black sausage :E Drooling: a delicacy, we have two types in Spain, one made with onion, the other with rice. Both are served sliced and deep fried.

I like mine with fried eggs, french fries and tomato sauce (made from real tomato, not ketchup). And red wine, of course !

Black sausage :E Drooling: a delicacy, we have two types in Spain, one made with onion, the other with rice. Both are served sliced and deep fried.

I like mine with fried eggs, french fries and tomato sauce (made from real tomato, not ketchup). And red wine, of course !

I'll take the wine, you can have the rest ;)

Glad your enjoying the move and your new state.

I have to ask......what is a pigeon ring.

My favorite competitive shotgun sport, and by far the most challenging, is "box-bird" shooting. One stands in a ring and shoots released pigeons - attempting to drop them in the ring. It was the most popular competitive shooting sport in the world until the first world war. It is still popular in Spain, Argentina, and parts of the US. Some of the finest guns ever made were pigeon guns built by British and German makers between 1885 and 1920. They are tightly choked and optimized for ounce and a quarter loads. I have a William Cashmore built in 1904 that is a wonderful thing to use on far tough targets. The sport is still shot a bit in the US - we had a great group in Virginia.

My favorite competitive shotgun sport, and by far the most challenging, is "box-bird" shooting. One stands in a ring and shoots released pigeons - attempting to drop them in the ring. It was the most popular competitive shooting sport in the world until the first world war. It is still popular in Spain, Argentina, and parts of the US. Some of the finest guns ever made were pigeon guns built by British and German makers between 1885 and 1920. They are tightly choked and optimized for ounce and a quarter loads. I have a William Cashmore built in 1904 that is a wonderful thing to use on far tough targets. The sport is still shot a bit in the US - we had a great group in Virginia.

I guess I am not old enough to remember those days before WWI.:D:D:D

Thanks for the explanation. I have heard of pigeon guns, but never of a pigeon ring. Sounds fun.(y)

All the best.

sounds delicious velo
will try it duck season
proberly back right off on the salt ,though
next time you try your gravy ,mate try all your usual ingredients , but stir in a small table spoon of vegemite , it will float your boat ,bro ..

Thanks Bluey,

I will then try that.
Turns out that I do like Vegemite on toast very much so, I always keep a jar of same around my shack.
Next time I make gravy, I plan to forget the salt and try the Vegemite instead, dinkum.
When I was young and wild, I had an Aussie girlfriend (she was from "The Malley") and she turned me on to Vegemite on toast.
She used to make fun of me though, because I liked to put slices of tomato on my toast and Vegemite.
Truth is, I still like it like that (can't help it mate, I'm Alaskan).

Anywhooo, cheers for now and thanks for the tip,
Velo Dog.

Last edited:
the malley is a long way from our place , mate
im from the east , your old girl is from north western victoria

We call it "Tiro de pichon", or pigeon shoot. Unfortunately it is not so popular in Spain nowadays, and there are not many clubs where you can shoot pigeons, some have been replaced by mechanical devices which shoot plastic propellers which are supposed to mimic the flight of the pigeon.
The reasons for this are, first the constant pressure of the greens which consider this as a blood sport, and thus should be banned, and the economic crisis, as it is an expensive sport here.

Reactions: lcq
now i am sure this will stir up some amiable competition over that side of the water :D

hypothetically if someone wanted to relocate to the usa which state has the best/most relaxed gun ownership laws, the nicest average year round weather and the nicest scenery/countryside?
Wyoming

now i am sure this will stir up some amiable competition over that side of the water :D

hypothetically if someone wanted to relocate to the usa which state has the best/most relaxed gun ownership laws, the nicest average year round weather and the nicest scenery/countryside?

Well Mike,

Since you have had plenty of time to think about it, where are you moving to?

Well Mike,

Since you have had plenty of time to think about it, where are you moving to?

no where at the moment . as i said it was a hypothetical question, just one i had wondered about for a bit as to the best combination for a place over there. there have been some nice places that i have googled after people have named them, and even looked at prices of property, which compared to jersey are quite cheap comparing like to like in houses and you sometimes get a chunk of land as well :). so far it would have to be one of the states a bit south, as the snow might be novel to start with but that would wear off after a couple of days me thinks........

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ShellieWei

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!