Question for our American friends

@spike.t I'm all over the black pudding, you can keep the haggis. Perhaps the nut eaters would like it?

you get good black pudding in phoenix? and good haggis is very tasty...one of the few things that was edible on the boarding school food list in scotland!!

at least some of the canadians seem to have good taste " Black pudding is now part of the local cuisine of the Canadian provinces of Nova Scotia and Newfoundland and Labrador." :D Beers:

Poor Newfies always the butt of cruel jokes. Nova Scotia I was born there and quickly moved out. Hardly bastions of culinary expertise unless fish and chips is haute quisine

you get good black pudding in phoenix? and good haggis is very tasty...one of the few things that was edible on the boarding school food list in scotland!!

If haggis was the only thing edible are you sure it was a boarding school not a POW camp?

l thought a haggis is a worm , found in the deeper water in the north sea?

Reactions: lcq
Poor Newfies always the butt of cruel jokes. Nova Scotia I was born there and quickly moved out. Hardly bastions of culinary expertise unless fish and chips is haute quisine

:eek: now you are treading on sticky ground as Princess Rocky does consider that of fish and chips , as one of the best fish and chip places is in the town in england where she is from , so careful or i see the kabar half samurai sword coming into action...:A Samurai::E Big Grin:

Texas is a great place for all of the above. The only down side is the expenses when it comes to hunting. Not much public land and most of the private land is leased in many areas. I'm originally from Kansas - where taxes are a bit higher than surrounding states, but not bad; hunting is promoted through public lands and a "walk-in-hunter" program that leases private lands (very good in the western part of the state) and the gun laws are not bad and becoming less restrictive each session of the legislature. The only thing is the climate - as one person commented about his state already, the average is pretty good; it's the extremes that will get you!

l thought a haggis is a worm , found in the deeper water in the north sea?

as a fisherman of the high seas you are correct ;) very impressive :p

haggis-display

Attachments

• haggis-display.jpeg
    haggis-display.jpeg
    47.4 KB · Views: 105

Aye, we do and good bangers too. I believe haggis is off limits in the U.S. due to the parts that are in it.

now micheal in all honesty , what did you do that was so bad that your parents sent you to school , in Scotland...........

ha ha ha ha , was it Hogwarts .........

Aye, we do and good bangers too. I believe haggis is off limits in the U.S. due to the parts that are in it.

excellent your locality has rocketed up the list of places then :D Cheers:. amazing that considering the amount of drugs that get put into beef cattle in the usa that arent allowed in europe..........

now micheal in all honesty , what did you do that was so bad that your parents sent you to school , in Scotland...........

I think if you were to meet Mike in person, all would be explained. ;)

Last edited:

grandfather was a dean of medecine at edinburgh university and thought the school was the best, so persuaded my father thats where i should go, its the reason i dont like the cold after spending 10 years there..............hogwarts is like a 5star hotel in comparison!!!

excellent your locality has rocketed up the list of places then :D Cheers:. amazing that considering the amount of drugs that get put into beef cattle in the usa that arent allowed in europe..........

Summer's suck here my friend, so beware. But that's hunting season in Africa when it's cooler.

We have a few Irish restaurants here and an Irish gift store where you can get the sausages. Just down the street from my office is a place called "The Cornish Pasty." Yep, the young fellow who opened it is from Cornwall. When it first opened I had a chance to talk to him. Apparently he made a trip to Phoenix for vacation some years back. After a day in Phoenix in its abundant sunshine, he made his mind up to leave Cornwall and move here. Quite successful his venture too. He offers traditional pasties as well as some American / Italian / Mexican twists on the theme.

EDIT : You're not going to hear me say anything about the abundance of intelligence in the Federal gov't by the way.

Summer's suck here my friend, so beware. But that's hunting season in Africa when it's cooler.

We have a few Irish restaurants here and an Irish gift store where you can get the sausages. Just down the street from my office is a place called "The Cornish Pasty." Yep, the young fellow who opened it is from Cornwall. When it first opened I had a chance to talk to him. Apparently he made a trip to Phoenix for vacation some years back. After a day in Phoenix in its abundant sunshine, he made his mind up to leave Cornwall and move here. Quite successful his venture too. He offers traditional pasties as well as some American / Italian / Mexican twists on the theme.

EDIT : You're not going to hear me say anything about the abundance of intelligence in the Federal gov't by the way.

better than freezing your nuts off :D. a properly made cornish pasty is good, but most arent great. best i had was in cornwall for some reason.....;)

better than freezing your nuts off :D. a properly made cornish pasty is good, but most arent great. best i had was in cornwall for some reason.....;)

The lad knows what he's doing. Next year at SCI you could check his place out in Vegas as he's opened a restaurant there now.

http://www.cornishpastyco.com

The lad knows what he's doing. Next year at SCI you could check his place out in Vegas as he's opened a restaurant there now.

http://www.cornishpastyco.com

sounds good, and it will make change to the burgers and pizza!!! just checked the menu and am now feeling hungry.....might have to go fry up some black pudding :D

Last edited:
The lamb and mint is my personal favorite......now I'm hungry.....haven't been there in awhile, think I know what's for lunch

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoanRigby4

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you