Question for our American friends

Wyoming is nice. I've been here almost 28 yrs. No permit for open OR concealed carry. Can now hunt big game with a suppressor. Low taxes. Good big game hunting. Decent fishing. Yellowstone and Grand Teton National parks. Only problem is it can't really be described as a "moderate climate". Bruce

True, my ideal set-up would be to do summers in Wyoming and winters in Arizona! I'm actually going up to Jackson, WY for Christmas with my in-laws, should be a nice time.

True, my ideal set-up would be to do summers in Wyoming and winters in Arizona! I'm actually going up to Jackson, WY for Christmas with my in-laws, should be a nice time.

A visit to the elk refuge for a sleigh ride would be in order.

Czech Republic. .... apparently best gun laws in Europe. ....

Pretty good manufacturers as well...

True taking a trip to Czech and been promised a tour of the Brno factory.

Dear god that will be expensive ..... you know I will not leave without a 404 jeff. Oh well there is something noble in poverty .......Well here is hoping

vermont...we might have highertaxes, but can carry loaded and concealed with no permits, low crime, and very few gun laws.....good amount of quality public hunting land with huntable populations of whitetail deer, bear and moose, great waterfowl hunting here on the Lake, and decent trophy possibilities......don't try and change us Natives and you are welcomed into the fold....Gary

Memphis, Tennessee has decent weather, four seasons and low cost of living.

Are you kidding? Texas of course!

If you dont count the weather part of the question these are the top 4 for gun laws that I know of Alaska, Wyoming, North Dakota, and Utah. Each has there differences and Utah probly has the best weather especially in southern Utah out of the bunch. But I am not the person to ask about weather since I live in North Dakota by choice.

If you dont count the weather part of the question these are the top 4 for gun laws that I know of Alaska, Wyoming, North Dakota, and Utah. Each has there differences and Utah probly has the best weather especially in southern Utah out of the bunch. But I am not the person to ask about weather since I live in North Dakota by choice.

Southern Utah is very nice. St George would be the town to live in or nearby. A couple hour drive and you can be into country that very few men have walked and some of the most remote country still left in the lower 48 states.

Missouri or Texas, you get acclimated to weather (heat or cold ), thinking guns rights should prevail, then hunting opportunity, finally climate.

God bless Texas! We just moved onto our new place outside Georgetown. Have about 50 mature pecan trees on forty acres (lot less work than a vineyard!) No state income tax, ag exemption, gun friendly, and great restaurants and a large airport in Austin - for us perfect. Just need to find a pigeon ring.

God bless Texas! We just moved onto our new place outside Georgetown. Have about 50 mature pecan trees on forty acres (lot less work than a vineyard!) No state income tax, ag exemption, gun friendly, and great restaurants and a large airport in Austin - for us perfect. Just need to find a pigeon ring.

Those fresh pecans are hard to beat each year! Used to love to just eat them straight off of the ground as a kid, and not much has changed.

Those fresh pecans are hard to beat each year! Used to love to just eat them straight off of the ground as a kid, and not much has changed.

Always fun eating them off the ground. Busted a few fingers between rocks cracking them as a kid.

When Mom wanted them collected and cracked for a pie it became a job.

Always fun eating them off the ground. Busted a few fingers between rocks cracking them as a kid.

When Mom wanted them collected and cracked for a pie it became a job.

There was a store in my grandparents town (Liberty over in east Texas) that had big commercial cracking machines that you could have them crack your pecans. You still had to shell them, but it would crack them.

I can still hear that almost machine gun like repetitive sound in my mind....

Suffing For Goose (and other wild game birds):

Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees F.
In a large bowl, mix three equal parts: "Texas Pecans", dried cherries, fresh garlic cloves (peeled and bruised).
Also, salt & pepper to taste and fill body cavity with same, then truss shut.
Rub outside of bird with olive oil, then dust with plenty of garlic powder, and again salt and pepper to taste.
Place on rack over a couple inches of water (so drippings won't smoke) and put in oven - middle rack.
After 5 minutes, turn oven down to 325 degrees F.
Cook about 40 minutes to about 60 minutes, AKA: "until done" (poke a yakatori stick into thickest part of breast meat, beside breast bone, pull out and look at liquid that follows).
Smaller birds take less time / larger birds take more time.
If liquid is red, it's not quite done.
If clear or semi-clear, it is done.

The water/drippings can be made into a fine gravy by adding beef or chicken bouillion, corn starch and salt/pepper to taste again.
Stir constantly while heating until done (when it tastes good).

Such is my Texas Pecan story and I'm sticking to it.

Last edited:

Glad your enjoying the move and your new state.

I have to ask......what is a pigeon ring.

Suffing For Goose (and other wild game birds):

Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees F.
In a large bowl, mix three equal parts: "Texas Pecans", dried cherries, fresh garlic cloves (peeled and bruised).
Also, salt & pepper to taste and fill body cavity with same, then truss shut.
Rub outside of bird with olive oil, then dust with plenty of garlic powder, and again salt and pepper to taste.
Place on rack over a couple inches of water (so drippings won't smoke) and put in oven - middle rack.
After 5 minutes, turn oven down to 325 degrees F.
Cook about 40 minutes to about 60 minutes, AKA: "until done" (poke a yakatori stick into thickest part of breast meat, beside breast bone, pull out and look at liquid that follows).
Smaller birds take less time / larger birds take more time.
If liquid is red, it's not quite done.
If clear or semi-clear, it is done.

The water/drippings can be made into a fine gravy by adding beef or chicken bouillion, corn starch and salt/pepper to taste again.
Stir constantly while heating until done (when it tastes good).

Such is my Texas Pecan story and I'm sticking to it.

sounds delicious velo
will try it duck season
proberly back right off on the salt ,though
next time you try your gravy ,mate try all your usual ingredients , but stir in a small table spoon of vegemite , it will float your boat ,bro ..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadwickTo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross