Founder
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.africahunting.com
Media
Articles
Problem Animal Control (PAC) Lion Hunts in Zimbabwe Questioned as Bogus

Statement Issued by the Safari Operators Association of Zimbabwe (SAOZ)

Over the past few months Problem Animal Control (PAC) lion hunts in Zimbabwe have been offered to American hunters, even though according to Zimbabwe National Parks there are no such hunts currently available.

A strongly worded warning released by the Safari Operators Association of Zimbabwe (SOAZ) jointly with the Zimbabwe Professional Hunters and Guides Association states, “After discussion with National Parks it is our understanding that these hunts are bogus. The only licenses for lion hunts in the Matabeleland North areas are for Trophy Lion Hunts.”

Anthony Crick, Chairman of the Zimbabwe Professional Hunters and Guides Association further stated, “I have been to every department in Harare HQ of National Parks and have been assured that there are no PAC lion hunts in Zimbabwe available to foreigners and certainly permits to hunt are not issued before the season. PAC lions are only allowed to be hunted by Parks officials or Learners (apprentice professional hunters). Obviously if it happens that the best equipped party in the area to handle the rogue is a hunting party with a client, the client may get to shoot the lion. But this cannot be pre-planned and pre-sold and should, in any event, be a free windfall to the client and, if no Trophy Quota is available, may not be exported.”

Anyone who has questions or who may have purchased such a hunt should contact the Safari Operators Association of Zimbabwe (SOAZ) by email soaz@mweb.co.zw.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeeWedel71

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois