Practice with a purpose.......

Mr. 16 gauge

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
I've been looking for a way to make a moving target to simulate game shots. I stumbled across this and thought it a bit "cool":cool:

I've been trying to concoct something similar; I don't have access to the rail system or an ATV. This set up is pretty neat, though......................(y)

BTW: I think whomever posted the video on youtube meant to say "simulated" cape buffalo charge, not "assimilated"......but hey, we're Americans!!! We don't need to know how to speak English....we speak 'Merican!!!!;)

That's a pretty cool rig. I messed with trying to figure out a way to rig something similar up that would be a one man deal but gave up due to time. That's a pretty slick apparatus there though.

JIMMY CRICKET ! LOL !
Glen

Looks like a easy system here:
http://www.panterror.co.za/

That's kind of the idea that I was toying with......I was thinking of using old bicycle tires on the target holder, but I kind of like the idea of skids instead. I was hoping to find a way to vary the speed of the 'reel' to make it more versatile, and powering it with a 12 volt car or boat battery.
Does anyone have some idea as to what type of appliances/equipment might have a motor that would be workable that I could salvage from a scrap yard?

I tried 3 rapid fire shots at a fixed target with my 375, Sure glad the target wasn't a Man-eater :) I'm going to work on the pinky finger tip

That's kind of the idea that I was toying with......I was thinking of using old bicycle tires on the target holder, but I kind of like the idea of skids instead. I was hoping to find a way to vary the speed of the 'reel' to make it more versatile, and powering it with a 12 volt car or boat battery.
Does anyone have some idea as to what type of appliances/equipment might have a motor that would be workable that I could salvage from a scrap yard?
What about a washing machine motor? Has a variable speed, belt drive, lots of them out there.

Still like the tire rolling down a hill (gravel pits are great) with the target in the middle of the tire, cardboard or plywood with target stapled to it

A truck window wiper motor will work fine;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChristyLak

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg