PPU (prvi partisan) .375 H&H performance?

Discussion in '.375 & Up' started by matt85, Feb 2, 2014.

1. matt85

matt85 BRONZE SUPPORTER AH Fanatic

I bought a box of this stuff to goof around with out in the woods but sitting here looken at em got me thinking. has any one ever tested the PPU 300gr SP RN bullet either on test media or a living critter?

how do these actually perform? its safe to say id never consider them for thick skinned game but if the bullet performs even "ok" they could be used on medium sized critters (large deer or hogs). I don't really have any intentions of using it for anything other then fun plinking, im just curious.

PS: sorry if this has been asked before but nothing came up in search.

-matt

2. Mr Free Market

Mr Free Market AH Member

"fun plinking" with a 375 !?!! :eek:

You are a better man than me !

3. matt85

matt85 BRONZE SUPPORTER AH Fanatic

ive found the 375 to be extremely enjoyable to shoot, albeit it does beat you up a little. on Saturday me and a fellow 375 shooter laid a smack down on a "large" log at around 40 yards. the log was around 12-13 inches thick and around 24 inches long but the 300 gr SP RN he was using and my 250gr SP BT reduced the log to saw dust with less then 10 rounds, literally no pieces much bigger then a tennis ball were left. his gun was a very light weight Winchester M70 with a composite stock which couldn't have weighed much more then 7 pounds while I was using a 9.5 pound CZ 550. we swapped guns and loads a couple times and I found his rifle to be very agreeable but couldn't imagine shooting too many stiff 300gr loads from it before my shoulder would quit. the 250gr bullets over a stiff load aren't bad at all and ive also got some 225gr bullets which make for perfect bench loads. I was shooting 50 rounds per range trip but my shoulder was throwen fits the next day so I limit myself to 30 rounds per trip.

-matt

4. enysse

enysse AH Ambassador

My Photos:
    Member of:
    Northeast Wisconsin SCI chapter, Lifetime member of NRA,RMEF
    Hunted:
    Namibia, South Africa (East Cape, Guateng and Limpopo)
    Matt, I have not bought them...just because there are so many options in the 375 H&H, but I have little doubt they could make quick work of any elk, it you do your part and aim at the heart/lung region. I did a lot of research into buying these for my 7 x 57 but decided to reload instead.

5. bebo

bebo AH Enthusiast

Hello,
    I use these ammos for many years ... on the range .. because they are cheap!:thumb: The speed is "correct", not so bad and rather steady. (775m/s).
    The cases seem good.
    The bullets seem too .... "old fashion", I don't trust them for DG or big plain game .. just for "european game" .. maybe,not sure.. It's easy to find better !!!!

But quite good for .. target shooting, training and entertainment :thumb: !!