Poll: Are you hunting africa this year?

Are you heading to africa in 2014 or 2015

• Total voters
Leaving 2 Sept. 2014 for a 10 day plains game hunt in Limpopo, SA with Limcroma Safaris.
First trip to Africa.
Buying a new 30-06 for my first bolt action -- grew up on lever actions.
Lots of research and planning left to do

Headed to Mozambique in May/June Hunting Elephant, Buffalo, and maybe Nyala Or Sable or both. Pretty excited, starting to be careful what I do these days don't want to cancel A trip because I broke or sprained something

Leaving April 21.

Heading to Namibia for a tend day plains game hunt, can't wait it is the fist Africa trip off many to come i think.

I voted "Booked for 2015" even though I still have to send the paperwork and the deposit.

RSA - 10 days in mid-June. Going for broke, 11 animals in 10 days (Kudu, bushbuck, gemsbuck, eland, zebra, nyala, impala, blue wildebeest, blesbuck, waterbuck, red hartebeest). Who knows if I'll ever get back to Africa? Who knows if I will be able to get onto that many different, representative animals in 10 days? I am not going all the way to RSA and then holding back. I plan to have enough money wired over and cash in my pocket to do it all!

See you then Loodt!

...starting to be careful what I do these days don't want to cancel A trip because I broke or sprained something

Oh man, don't even say that! :eek:

I voted "Booked for 2015" even though I still have to send the paperwork and the deposit.

RSA - 10 days in mid-June. Going for broke, 11 animals in 10 days (Kudu, bushbuck, gemsbuck, eland, zebra, nyala, impala, blue wildebeest, blesbuck, waterbuck, red hartebeest). Who knows if I'll ever get back to Africa? Who knows if I will be able to get onto that many different, representative animals in 10 days? I am not going all the way to RSA and then holding back. I plan to have enough money wired over and cash in my pocket to do it all!

See you then Loodt!

That's a good list but, word to the wise, don't pass on a Duiker or Steinbok simply because they are not on the list or you don't think you will like them. The little guys are often left off the list then regretted later on, they are cheap and certainly equal trophies to the bigger animals and often the most talked about trophies in a trophy room.

See you then Loodt!

Can't wait to have you and your dearest wife with us! Already counting off the days. Paperwork is very important, however if you know what you have in someone it also doesn't matter. #God'sguidance

That's a good list but, word to the wise, don't pass on a Duiker or Steinbok simply because they are not on the list or you don't think you will like them. The little guys are often left off the list then regretted later on, they are cheap and certainly equal trophies to the bigger animals and often the most talked about trophies in a trophy room.

You have definitely been to Africa before! Wise words and i absolutely agree with you on the Duiker, Steenbuck and perhaps even add Klipspringer!

You have definitely been to Africa before! Wise words and i absolutely agree with you on the Duiker, Steenbuck and perhaps even add Klipspringer!

I thought about Klipy as well and will be targeting one next trip over but for someone on the fence about little guys the price can be more intimidating than the other 2. Once you have taken one of the tiny ten, the price for the more expensive ones becomes much easier to swallow. I think the $$$/lb mentality can take a bit to get over for many.

Headed to Mozambique in May/June Hunting Elephant, Buffalo, and maybe Nyala Or Sable or both. Pretty excited, starting to be careful what I do these days don't want to cancel A trip because I broke or sprained something

I agree with that strategy. I always taper my training as the time for a trip approaches. I train hard up to 4-6 weeks before departure. I taper for a "couple" of weeks and then do only very minimal activities for the final 2 weeks.

Paperwork is very important, however if you know what you have in someone it also doesn't matter. #God'sguidance

Once I found out one of the outfitters was adopted into the same family as I, it was a done deal!

So many great outfitters here...it is a shame to have to turn away from any of them.

Tim

Doing 18 days all together with paw print and tootabi mostly plains game.Was all plains game till pieter decide to make it tough on me and ask if I would like my son to take a female lion.The deal he made to me is a cant pass unless my work sucks that bad till then kind of deal for me.Kind of throw my budget all out of wack but it is a great chance I am going to try and make happen.He wants my son to have this chance as bad as me which is so awesome someone trys that hard to please his clients.The best is we will not tell my son what we are hunting till we find the cat or he sees the tracks and maybe ask some question.I dont want to tell him just in case I cant make the lion hunt happen.The plans now is also for him to take with his 50 cal muzzlerloader and get it on film to.

The best is we will not tell my son what we are hunting till we find the cat or he sees the tracks and maybe ask some question.

Very cool. Talk about once-in-a-lifetime!

Doing 18 days all together with paw print and tootabi mostly plains game.Was all plains game till pieter decide to make it tough on me and ask if I would like my son to take a female lion.The deal he made to me is a cant pass unless my work sucks that bad till then kind of deal for me.Kind of throw my budget all out of wack but it is a great chance I am going to try and make happen.He wants my son to have this chance as bad as me which is so awesome someone trys that hard to please his clients.The best is we will not tell my son what we are hunting till we find the cat or he sees the tracks and maybe ask some question.I dont want to tell him just in case I cant make the lion hunt happen.The plans now is also for him to take with his 50 cal muzzlerloader and get it on film to.

I will be crossing my fingers, I hope things work out for you.

Thanks guys.I am taking ever job I can find plus put the word out to guys I know in the same business who may need help.Looks good so far and maybe i will need to take one of my animals off my list but pieter really went above and beyond to give me a chance at this so crossing my fingers to.I can just picture my sons face in my mind how he will be when we walk up on a lion.It will be his xmas,birthday and any other day like that gift for the year from me and I know his granmother will help out to.

Thanks guys.I am taking ever job I can find plus put the word out to guys I know in the same business who may need help.Looks good so far and maybe i will need to take one of my animals off my list but pieter really went above and beyond to give me a chance at this so crossing my fingers to.I can just picture my sons face in my mind how he will be when we walk up on a lion.It will be his xmas,birthday and any other day like that gift for the year from me and I know his granmother will help out to.
Bill,I am looking forward to this,just as much as you,think we are going to be more excited than the boy!

If I had the money for it, I would book a hunt in Africa every year :)
Sadly I am very far from having that sort of money.

This year I was planning to go to New Zealand and Australia, but something came up making it impossible for me :(
Hopefully I will be able to next year.

I have 2 hunts in Africa planned, but I am not sure when I will have the time and money to do them.
Hopefully in not so many years from now.

Myself and my 16 yr old son land 5th June to visit with Marius at KMG for 8 days and (hopefully) multiple animals.

Pieter I just hope we remember we are after a lion not busy watching my sons face when we find the lion. :p I know he can handle it so he will not be the problem it maybe his dad running.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KeithustKew

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg