PLEASE SIGN: Petition To Support New Africa Hunting Expo Venues

The numbers are kind of disappointing. Hunting is an individual or small group activity and we probably are inward looking. "If it doesn't affect me and the way I hunt at home, I can't be bothered." Apparently, anti-hunters are more activist and travel in packs with their keyboards.

It is becoming very clear that the whole hunting community had better reform, come together and work together, or we are doomed to fail. We will not prevail with the attitude that "if I can slay a deer on the back 40, I'm happy. I don't care about Africa (or Europe, or Asia, or Australia etc) . I don't care about ______ (insert) bowhunting, muzzleloading hunting, crossbow hunting, hound hounding, bait hunting, rifle hunting, doe/cow hunting, meat hunting, trophy hunting, predator hunting, upland bird hunting, migratory bird hunting, etc etc.

Band together everyone, or we will fall one by one, and much faster than you think.

Join the fight today by joining your local state/provincial fish and game club. Join SCI. For hunting it is very much true, "united we stand, divided we fall".
You are absolutely right. We are very much a minority among the hunting community itself. From my perspective, at least 90% + of all hunters do NOT belong to ANY hunting or firearms association. Even the ones that do belong to a game club, etc., most have never hunted outside of their own state or province, let alone having hunted internationally. Firstly: they do not even know about the issues AH members are faced with; secondly: they probably do not care, for their hunting activities are not threatened at the moment. Its pretty hard to change apathy to empathy.

Vinnymbogo, Once upon a time, I didn't want to hunt Africa. I thought it was something that only rich people could afford. I wanted to hunt Alaska. With Alaskan pricing, shucks North American pricing in general, I can't afford it and with my bad back that causes my left leg to be weak, I can't handle most of the Alaskan terrain anyways.

I can hunt Africa though. I figure if I could handle the Eastern Cape in 2014 (I used trekking poles to help out), I can hunt a lot of Africa. The pricing is really not bad either. Figure how much you can afford, then compare North America to Africa. Your budget will go much further in Africa. Airline tickets aren't bad either. I paid about $1770Can to fly from Calgary to East London. Compare that to $650Can to fly to Saskatoon, or Las Vegas. $950Can to Maui in 2012. About $1050Can to Orlando last March. So even the airline tickets are a relative bargain. At least you are flying half way around the world.

I work for the City of Calgary. I am not rich. We have paid off our house, but that money is sucked up in helping our kids through University. I don't smoke, I don't drink (boring I know) and I buy a new vehicle or two every decade (drove one 20 years) and I don't golf. I buy firearms, hunt a few days a year and wife shops. We are looking to go back when we can afford it. I figure I have a date with an eland, waterbuck, nylala, maybe a fallow deer, duiker, bushbuck, common reedbuck, bull red hartebeest. Stop me, I have a disease!

Vinnymbogo, Once upon a time, I didn't want to hunt Africa. I thought it was something that only rich people could afford. I wanted to hunt Alaska. With Alaskan pricing, shucks North American pricing in general, I can't afford it and with my bad back that causes my left leg to be weak, I can't handle most of the Alaskan terrain anyways.

I can hunt Africa though. I figure if I could handle the Eastern Cape in 2014 (I used trekking poles to help out), I can hunt a lot of Africa. The pricing is really not bad either. Figure how much you can afford, then compare North America to Africa. Your budget will go much further in Africa. Airline tickets aren't bad either. I paid about $1770Can to fly from Calgary to East London. Compare that to $650Can to fly to Saskatoon, or Las Vegas. $950Can to Maui in 2012. About $1050Can to Orlando last March. So even the airline tickets are a relative bargain. At least you are flying half way around the world.

I work for the City of Calgary. I am not rich. We have paid off our house, but that money is sucked up in helping our kids through University. I don't smoke, I don't drink (boring I know) and I buy a new vehicle or two every decade (drove one 20 years) and I don't golf. I buy firearms, hunt a few days a year and wife shops. We are looking to go back when we can afford it. I figure I have a date with an eland, waterbuck, nylala, maybe a fallow deer, duiker, bushbuck, common reedbuck, bull red hartebeest. Stop me, I have a disease!
How can you beat hunting when it's done in a T-Shirt and shorts!

How can you beat hunting when it's done in a T-Shirt and shorts!
Too true. Although the mornings can be cool, it is a big change from hunting Alberta in November where you can often think yourself lucky if the temp is above -20C. Shot a moose once at -37C. The windchill took it down to a balmy -43C. I don't know if my hands have ever been the same.

African thorns can be annoying, but then I don't have to touch the animal once the photos are done. Totally in on the African hunting.

I sent a thank you to this weekends hosts of the Toronto show. It reads "Thank you again for hosting the show even with the shenanigans from the called animal rights protesters. It really gets me how these people think they are helping the animals. It is quite to the contrary, but you don't need a diatribe on the subject. We now have almost 160 supporters (and growing) from all over the world who have supported your effort
Kind regards
Julian O."

I saw this thread only today. I signed the petition, I even got my family to sign the petition. Still need granny to sign who is 95 and who spend half her life in a tent in the kalahari living of venison that was hunted by my grandfather ;)(y)

I have shared the link on our Lianga safaris Facebook page 7 hours ago and asked every hunter, local and international to sign the petition to protect our right to do what we love and grew up with. Change.org informed me that by sharing I already got 3 people to sign. I know 3 does not sound like much, but it is 3 more that earlier this morning.

So 8x68 don't give up yet! Whe must just SHARE, SHARE, SHARE.....!!!

To all who have already signed...let every family member sign and if you are a African outfitter, help your workers to sign!

Take care!

Annette

I saw this thread only today. I signed the petition, I even got my family to sign the petition. Still need granny to sign who is 95 and who spend half her life in a tent in the kalahari living of venison that was hunted by my grandfather ;)(y)

I have shared the link on our Lianga safaris Facebook page 7 hours ago and asked every hunter, local and international to sign the petition to protect our right to do what we love and grew up with. Change.org informed me that by sharing I already got 3 people to sign. I know 3 does not sound like much, but it is 3 more that earlier this morning.

So 8x68 don't give up yet! Whe must just SHARE, SHARE, SHARE.....!!!

To all who have already signed...let every family member sign and if you are a African outfitter, help your workers to sign!

Take care!

Annette

Thanks for doing that Annette. I got fed up with all the "arm chair whiners" bitching and complaining but expecting someone else to do something about it. So I did. I have had people on other forums berate me, and call it "stupid" for having a petition that supports an event (it must really suck to be them). I know it's a small part of the equation by starting the petition but you have to start somewhere. Maybe it will lead to better things.

We must just have good faith 8x68. I am sure people will start signing. I copied a statement from the other petition just to show the mentality we are up against:

This is what someone posted at Ban all imports of sport-hunted big game trophies from Africa petition
"ENOUGH! Trophy hunters are psychologically damaged individuals with homicidal tendencies. Killing animals and keeping their body parts as trophies is a distinct serial killer trait. By allowing trophy hunters to import the body parts of their thrill kills to our country, the government is enabling these mentally unbalanced individuals to maintain their compulsive fantasies of control and violation. Trophy hunters are a danger to the public. They should not be permitted to own guns. They should not be permitted to kill animal anywhere in the world. AND they should not be allowed to import or keep the body parts of their victims. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!"

I don't think I have ever heard something this ridicules!

We must just have good faith 8x68. I am sure people will start signing. I copied a statement from the other petition just to show the mentality we are up against:

This is what someone posted at Ban all imports of sport-hunted big game trophies from Africa petition
"ENOUGH! Trophy hunters are psychologically damaged individuals with homicidal tendencies. Killing animals and keeping their body parts as trophies is a distinct serial killer trait. By allowing trophy hunters to import the body parts of their thrill kills to our country, the government is enabling these mentally unbalanced individuals to maintain their compulsive fantasies of control and violation. Trophy hunters are a danger to the public. They should not be permitted to own guns. They should not be permitted to kill animal anywhere in the world. AND they should not be allowed to import or keep the body parts of their victims. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!"

I don't think I have ever heard something this ridicules!
Just some fool looking for attention. IQ of a 2x4 and twice as thick.

I would hire the 2X4 first!

just signed, john

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Imogen6571

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois