Plains game by relive starting to be done

getting ready to start the triple beest ped.

black wildebeest,blue wildebeest and a red hardbeest.

IMG_0453.jpg

Have a few more plains game pictures also. They are not finished but gives you guys some ideas of pauls work who are thinking of using him.

IMG_0557.jpg
IMG_0559.jpg
IMG_0561.jpg
IMG_0565.jpg
IMG_0560.jpg
IMG_0562.jpg
IMG_0558.jpg
IMG_0563.jpg

Looks good Bill

Nice Billy. Are all the pedestal mounts include a piece of the front leg?

Looking good Bill. I can't wait to see the giraffe.

Nice Billy. Are all the pedestal mounts include a piece of the front leg?

No johnny all the springbuck are wall peds so no mounting hardware out of the legs. the eland will have the ped mount in the middle to mount to bases.

Looking good Bill. I can't wait to see the giraffe.

the giraffe is going to be a little bit of time yet. eland,orbi and copper springbuck are next.

Dakota eland form with horns mounted and trimmed up. Also had the hump of the back made bigger to his true size. Then My eland form with detail and hump of back added to show true size of animal.

IMG_0566.jpg
IMG_0567.jpg
IMG_0568.jpg
IMG_0570.jpg
IMG_0573.jpg
IMG_0572.jpg

does he send all his clients pictures of the work in progress?

does he send all his clients pictures of the work in progress?

That I can not honestly answer really as I don't know. I would say he does if they ask him to and I did that before he even had my animals. I had a lot of custom poses being done so I wanted to see them before he mounted anything. He totally understood and said no problem at all.

I believe must taxidermist would do this for clients if they ask. Sadly must guys drop there stuff off and just wait for the call it is done now.

Last edited by a moderator:
No johnny all the springbuck are wall peds so no mounting hardware out of the legs. the eland will have the ped mount in the middle to mount to bases.
I see.... How would you rate Paul compared to Wes?

I see.... How would you rate Paul compared to Wes?

For the dollar value I would say equal to Wes. The only reason I am using relive is I feel I am getting as good of quality from them as I would here in the states. I would not say that about many places in SA though. With a total package of habitat and quality of mount then I would say Wes would be better but I am only getting the animals mounted no bases. A once in a life time animal or say a 60" kudu I would have Wes do it.

Understood. That is the way I would go also. I will use them also if I do the buff/plains hunt with Pieter. If we do the lion I'll ship it to Wes

. A once in a life time animal or say a 60" kudu I would have Wes do it.

In other words, when he saves up the money to hunt one of these Wes will mount it.

PINK-SHEEP-004-1327679266.jpg

If I could only find a springbuck in that shade of pink he would be on the wall. LOL Oh you just keep going buddy so the pay back can be that much sweeter when I get you back. :sneaky:

If I could only find a springbuck in that shade of pink he would be on the wall. LOL Oh you just keep going buddy so the pay back can be that much sweeter when I get you back. :sneaky:

I'm really surprised you only chose to do a flatskin....

541979_2825621300249_1850543489_1648985_1234299254_n.jpg

images.jpg

Bill, I like the work Paul is doing for you. I cannot wait to see the end results of the springbuck mount as I am having my daughter hunt the springbuck slam in 2 years. I have found a mount that I like but I may modify it a little based off the photos of yours. Here it is.

image.jpg

Last edited:
Those Eland look great, I love Relives Eland. I also love the dewlap on your Eland, wow!

Oh yes, and your flatskin is nice too. :whistle:

Warbird I almost did mount like that but decide on wall peds instead because it showed more of the color along the sides. Well just put them in a group on the wall.

Diamond hitch Dakotas eland was a good one and massive.We did not get on the original eland dakota was hunting and this one was to good to pass on for a 15 year old kid who wanted an eland. I myself had no plans on hunting an eland till loodt said he had a deal I could not pass up on . Once I seen him out hunting he was just a giant and one I could not pass on. I can still see him walking out of the bush trotting with his cows across the opening that big dewlap swinging in the air. When that bullet hit I was as happy as cold be.

Now as far as that flat skin don't join the bad guys and start making fun of me to. LOL I see a pink springbuck that size I will do a full body mount.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eye4aneye

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!