Pith helmets...

Im not sure I understand why you guys are making fun. I dressed in high boots and jodphurs for my last safari, OH and a kilt on some days. Its my F-ing hunt! My wife and I are hunting lion in September and we're taking pith helmets!

Ive spent my share of time in ghillie suits and face paint. Now I dress like I want in the field, some days its tweeds and breeches with knee high laced boots. If Im black powder hunting, chances are Im wearing a 18th century pattern "Rifleman's shirt". On my last drive hunt for Wild Boar, I wore an orange top hat
A6601-Top-Hat-Orange-large.jpg

Attachments

• A6601-Top-Hat-Orange-large.jpg
    A6601-Top-Hat-Orange-large.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 189
Last edited by a moderator:
I do admire the Orange top hat for the driven boar hunt. Pretty smart.
I'm not too sure about wearing the kilt hunting in Africa. Ok,Gordon Cummings did it but the thought off all those thorns puts me off
image.jpeg

i like the idea we just need a good looking and practical Pith Helmet .. they make for great photos

Shot Shot

If they worked well then, then why not now?

They are still made and sold here (England) so someone must be buying them.

The pith helmet, that's just bully. But the kilts, too close to a skirt for me. LOL

#bringbackthepithhelmet

I actually have no idea what the hash tag does but the kids seem to think it's a big deal (n):ROFLMAO:

upload_2016-7-21_15-37-58.png

Hahahaha that was a wet hunt! It poured and didn't stop until we were done. Yes we sounded the hunting horn after the hunt to celebrate the successful results

upload_2016-7-21_15-39-15.png

That was my Afrika prep. I did a lot of hiking (minus the rifle) to break in the boots and proof test the rest of the gear. The breeches and shirt and hat are Rough Rider / Cuban period repros

Last edited:
...OK, so maybe the pith helmet won't look so bad ;)

So what is a Coke other than the drinking kind?

I have one in my den for decoration. Of course, I don it for rifle practice with snap caps. I just can’t imagine wearing one in Africa. They’re really heavy. On the other hand, nothing says “I’ve come to take over your country” quite like a pith helmet!

Not sure if I’ll bring it to Africa,but I gotta have one.
I have one in my den for decoration. Of course, I don it for rifle practice with snap caps. I just can’t imagine wearing one in Africa. They’re really heavy. On the other hand, nothing says “I’ve come to take over your country” quite like a pith helmet!

You mean, like this one?

EB13C8BA-BF73-4538-A2A3-F8C29D749700.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Decoration? I heard you wore it when entertaining your spouse. I’m not sure who told me that.

I would wear one, I wore shorts in South Africa trying to fit and be traditional. I don't think my tracker had ever seen legs so white.

@Kevin Peacocke can you help the op with his question?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
outlookindiac

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg