Picking the right spine for my arrow

No BSO.... I'm just a garage bow tuner. I started working on my own stuff a few years ago because there were no competent bow shops anywhere near me. I live right near a BassPro Shop and after a couple of really bad experiences with their archery shop, it motivated me to start learning. I am fortunate to have a very good friend who did own a bow shop in Georgia. He started me on the basics, and I have been tinkering around for years from there. It's actually not too difficult to tune your own equipment once you learn the basics. For me, tuning the bows and building arrows is as much a part of the experience as the hunting itself.

Where abouts are you?

Ah that's a nice area.

It used to be 20 years ago. I'm sad to say that between the overpopulation, traffic, crime, and other "cultural" changes, it's really a paradise lost. We've got 5 more years until I can retire, and then we are Montana bound!

It used to be 20 years ago. I'm sad to say that between the overpopulation, traffic, crime, and other "cultural" changes, it's really a paradise lost. We've got 5 more years until I can retire, and then we are Montana bound!

Oh that's too bad. I have heard good thing about Montana. In Hamilton, we have a very good archery shop called fishing world.

nuval ...you are just down the road from me ... I'm in KW .
Glen

No..... but if you ever want to go to Shooter's Choice let me know .
Glen

Yes they do . Shooter's Choice is also known as The Bow Shop and The Gun Room ... Colby Drive in Waterloo .
Glen

If you let me know when you are in the area ...I'll get you on the range and see if we can work threw some of your issues . I have 24 hour access to the range usually early morning weekends are best for me .
Glen

Yes the gun smith is in the building next door to the shop
Glen

If you let me know when you are in the area ...I'll get you on the range and see if we can work threw some of your issues . I have 24 hour access to the range usually early morning weekends are best for me .
Glen
That's fantastic, I really appreciate that

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PWA703

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.