Picked it up last night!!!!

Discussion in '.375 & Up' started by Heeler75, Jun 10, 2009.

1. Heeler75

Heeler75 AH Senior Member

Member of:
    SCI
    Last night went and picked up my new CZ-550 Safari Magnum in 375 H&H. I can't wait to get it out and put some rounds through it. It has the express sights so I'm going to make sure I'm good with them before I put the scope on it.

CZ sent the target used for the "3-shot test". With open sights, 100m distance, all three holes were easily inside the approximate 2" circle. 2 holes were touching and one was about 1 1/2" left of those. :clap:

Yes, it is a heavy piece of shooting iron, but wow, to me it is balanced very, very nicely.

2. enysse

enysse AH Ambassador

My Photos:
    Member of:
    Northeast Wisconsin SCI chapter, Lifetime member of NRA,RMEF
    Hunted:
    Namibia, South Africa (East Cape, Guateng and Limpopo)
    I bought one the first year they came to the U.S. and had it customized. I had it ported in the front of the barrell, still kept the sights though. Then I had a mercury reducer put in the back of the stock and had a very soft recoil pad put on the gun. It is my "baby" for the big game of Africa. I put a 2.5X8 36mm Leupold VIII scope on it. 375 H%H!!!!

Congradulations Heeler!

3. Heeler75

Member of:
    SCI
    Thank you very much!!! It comes standard now with a Pachmayr pad and crossbolts. I'll see how it shoots before I decide on any other recoil reducing measures.

4. Heeler75

Member of:
    SCI
    Well, here it is. Gonna shoot it this weekend with open sights and then going to put the scope on after that. They also sent the target for the 3-round test group that was fired at the factory. 100m and open sights.

Attached Files:

5. AfricaHunting.com

AfricaHunting.com FOUNDER AH Ambassador

My Photos:
    Heeler75, That's great... It's like Christmas in June. :D

6. TOM

TOM AH Elite

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI,DSC, QDMA, QU
    Hunted:
    Africa...are there other continents to hunt?
    Looks great! I can't wait to hear how it shoots for you.

7. oscar1975

oscar1975 AH Veteran

Hello, congratulations on the rifle, I have one equal but the CZ 550 (the most basic) Magnum model. Now I purchased (I don't have the rifle still) a Ceska 550 Safari Magnum, but I believe that the stock which mounted the rifle is the luxus (the rifle is new factory but I told the armero that I was concerned that the stock had crossbolts) and I am looking forward to having my rifle. Enjoy great health.

A greeting

Oscar.

8. Shallom

Shallom AH Enthusiast

My Photos:
    Hunted:
    Tanzania, Germany, Austria, USA.
    Congrats Heeler... It looks great - enjoy it bwana!

9. 375lvr

375lvr AH Member

Member of:
    SCI, NWTF, RMEF
    Hunted:
    US, Canada, RSA
    You are going to love shooting the 375 H&H. Don't spent to much time on the bench. Go right to the sticks ASAP. I used the 375 in Wyoming last year Antelope hunting. They drop like stones and very little meat damage. Much less than the 7mm for sure. Grab a couple of boxes of the Federal Power-shok 270 SP for sighting in. They are cheaper than anything else and are very consistent. I shoot a Browning A Bolt SS stalker.