Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
sci int, basc,wpaz
Hunted
zambia, tanzania, zimbabwe,Mozambique ,hungary, france, england
i visited pauls new workshops and showroom outside of london last monday and these are some photos of part of the shipment he had just received. they are older doubles and shotguns with the nicest being a hammer 450/400 bottom left of the 4th photo. sorry they arent too good but were with my phone camera. the bullet mould kit etc is the original from a .500 that is one of the rifles on the table

Image0247.jpg
Image0248.jpg
Image0249.jpg
Image0250.jpg
Image0251.jpg

OK Mike which one is your's

i visited pauls new workshops and showroom outside of london last monday and these are some photos of part of the shipment he had just received. they are older doubles and shotguns with the nicest being a hammer 450/400 bottom left of the 4th photo. sorry they arent too good but were with my phone camera. the bullet mould kit etc is the original from a .500 that is one of the rifles on the table

View attachment 34173 View attachment 34174 View attachment 34175 View attachment 34176 View attachment 34177

Mercy !

OK Mike which one is your's

none of them james, but my .470 lang is the left one of three lang .470 doubles in this photo in a rack at pauls the third from left is being restocked,and the new looking one on the right is an italian bosis (i think) .470 double . paul has never seen three lang .470`s together at once before.

Image0246.jpg

I hate to even ask with all of those beautiful doubles spike, but do you know any thing about that crazy forward action bolt gun?

ah...... I dream of owning a fine double one day. I can go on a lot of hunts for what one costs though.

I hate to even ask with all of those beautiful doubles spike, but do you know any thing about that crazy forward action bolt gun?

yeah i wondered about that as well . cant remember full info so i have emailed paul asking for the details.

yeah i wondered about that as well . cant remember full info so i have emailed paul asking for the details.

It is like a reverse bullpup, but in bolt action! I like different and that one definitely is.

It is like a reverse bullpup, but in bolt action! I like different and that one definitely is.

Possibly a Cogswell & Harrison "Certus Patent", in either .450 NE or 450/400 NE ?

Interesting rifle. I own one. It is a Cogswell and Harrison Certus in .450 3 1/4. It was a proprietary action which was built for about 4 years. Idea was to give the young Lieutenant headed to the Raj a real rifle which he could afford. Didn't take C&H long to decide that Herr Mauser probably was right after all. Does look like something Stewart Granger would have loved. It has a safety which is a wire lever that swings through 180 degrees. The bolt also locks closed necessitating throwing a small lever before the action can be worked. It is interesting and very rare, hence I have kept it - but not a rifle for dangerous game.

Interesting rifle. I own one. It is a Cogswell and Harrison Certus in .450 3 1/4. It was a proprietary action which was built for about 4 years. Idea was to give the young Lieutenant headed to the Raj a real rifle which he could afford. Didn't take C&H long to decide that Herr Mauser probably was right after all. Does look like something Stewart Granger would have loved. It has a safety which is a wire lever that swings through 180 degrees. The bolt also locks closed necessitating throwing a small lever before the action can be worked. It is interesting and very rare, hence I have kept it - but not a rifle for dangerous game.

you beat me to it :D Beers: this one is the .450 3 1/4 nitro but it also comes with a barrel that is regulated for the black powder 450 3 1/4 BPE cartridge , so even more unusual i would have thought. it takes 3 cartridges.

That is awesome....

Going to have to look a little further into this one! Very cool.

you beat me to it :D Beers: this one is the .450 3 1/4 nitro but it also comes with a barrel that is regulated for the black powder 450 3 1/4 BPE cartridge , so even more unusual i would have thought. it takes 3 cartridges.

Yep, two in the mag and one up the snout. Very unusual to see the BP barrel. Have no idea what a drill it would be to exchange them.

Yep, two in the mag and one up the snout. Very unusual to see the BP barrel. Have no idea what a drill it would be to exchange them.

you can see the extra barrel above the rifle in photo 2 and 5 if i am counting correct........just back from a genteel night out 3.03am :D Barman:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silke2404

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.