AH legend
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
united state- Co Nm Mt Wy Pa , canada ,mexico ,south africa- Northwest, Limpopo, freestste.Northern cape,East cape, namibia
Just picked up his mule deer,antelope and his other elk not the one on this pedestal though need to build the stand yet for his second elk.I built the pedestal out of knotty cedar and build to look rougher then pretty.Still may turn the elk some not sure if I like it the way I have it right now.Then need to add some grass, rocks and sand to finish it off.Hope the picture shows up.

Attachments

• 0109141638_0001.jpg
    0109141638_0001.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 168
Very cool, love the cedar. Congrats to your son, I'm sure he is very proud.

I got hand it you billc, you are very good parent. I wish my dad had spent time with me like you do with your son.

Good work, billc, congrats to your son !

Thanks Brian and enysse I try my best.I always tell everyone I will not have any regrets when I am older were I say I wish I did that with my son.He is such a great kid and I live some of the hunting through him as I am always right there with him.I grew up with my dad needing to work every day and not into hunting or fishing at all.I think all the time we spend together will pay off in the long run when he has his family.I laugh everytime he ask why I dont hunt more on my own or him just go with me on hunts for myself.I just smile and tell him he will understand one day when he has a son or daughter.

Looks like you left some room for the boy to add a few more....

Good job.

Thanks Brian and enysse I try my best.I always tell everyone I will not have any regrets when I am older were I say I wish I did that with my son.He is such a great kid and I live some of the hunting through him as I am always right there with him.I grew up with my dad needing to work every day and not into hunting or fishing at all.I think all the time we spend together will pay off in the long run when he has his family.I laugh everytime he ask why I dont hunt more on my own or him just go with me on hunts for myself.I just smile and tell him he will understand one day when he has a son or daughter.

My dad was only interested in making money and doing farm work 24/7. I must admit I'm jealous of some of great father-son relationships out there, wondering....why it couldn't have been different for me.

Anyway great job, I'm sure you will look back on it as time well spent.

Brickburn not sure what may get added yet.Maybe a few quail from new mexico one day in the middle may look good.I may still switch the mounts around alittle not sure.Going to start the next pedestal tomorrow for his other elk but doing that as a single pedestal.The next goal will be a 350" or better bull and mule deer 160" or better and a 80"speedgoat from new mexico.

Beautiful animals and pedistal. Congrats to your son.

Looking good. Going to be really nice when you finish up. You'll never regret the time you spend with your kids. I'm rather blessed to have 2 of my 3 working for me... Bruce

Beautifully done! Dakota is a very priveleged boy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LawerenceC

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!