Pay for a 7 Day Hunt in Limpopo - stay and hunt for Ten!

Discussion in 'GREAT DEALS on Hunts Worldwide' started by CT Safaris, Dec 19, 2011.

1. CT Safaris

CT Safaris AH Enthusiast

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI, DSC, PHASA, DWWC
    Hunted:
    South Africa, Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe Mozambique, USA
    The title to this thread sums things up:

Buy a 7 day hunt at regular Daily Rates but stay and hunt for TEN.

Considering our regular Daily Rate for hunts hosted from our ranch in Limpopo are $400p/d, you'd be looking at $150 for your arrival day, $2,800 for 7 hunting days + tax...

You now have the opportunity to book a 10 day hunt with a first class Outfit at the same Daily Rates that a 7 day hunt would normally cost you which would cover all the regular stuff such as:

Road Transfers from Johannesburg to camp and back
    Accommodations, excellent meals and drinks
    Services of PH, Trackers, Skinners and Field Staff
    Tracking, Skinning, Marking and Salting of Trophies
    Use of Hunting vehicle
    Daily Laundry Service

All of this for $3,363.00 for a 10 day 1X1 hunt! This is a hunt valued at $4,731 being offered at a discount of $1,368!

Excluded are TF's for animals that you wish to hunt during your time here with us.

Free Range animals available onsite are:

Kudu - $2,000
    Bushbuck - $1,000
    Warthog - $350
    Mountain Reedbuck - $1,000
    Klipspringer - $1,000
    Bushpig - $450
    Grey Duiker - $350
    Steenbuck - $350

We hunt on 10,000 acres of patially fenced land right here from home. None of the animals that occur here were introduced and all of them bred and were born right here. In addition to this, we also hunt a high-fenced ranch of 10,000 acres a few miles away for other species - listed on my website at Prices for Hunting Safaris in South Africa

Please contact me for more details.
  2. James.Grage

James.Grage GOLD SUPPORTER AH Legend

My Photos:
    Member of:
    NRA, ATA, PITA, NAHC, NAFC, DU, TU, DSC, SCI, RMEF
    Hunted:
    USA - Canada -Tanzania, South Africa, Zimbabwe
    Chris

Great offer you should post a link on his thread for our new hunter Jack looking for a safari.
  3. jsmcgregor

jsmcgregor AH Member

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI
    Hunted:
    Africa/Canada/United States
    400 seems a little high for a daily rate and once you add in the trophy fees it lines up with a regular priced hunt from most outfitters. I'm not seeing the savings
  4. Diamondhitch

Diamondhitch AH Legend

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI
    Hunted:
    Canada (AB, SK, NWT, BC) USA (NM, TX) South Africa (Limpopo, KZN, Free State, Eastern Cape, Northen Cape), Kyrgyzstan
    If you work the math out since the 14% VAT is included the deal is much sweeter than if you simply look at posted daily rates which you must pay the extra 14% VAT on.

Plus there are few places left to hunt free range animals in South Africa.

I hunted with Chris last june and my booking for this may is testament to the operation he runs. Your group would be the only one in camp with all the personalized attention that comes with it.
  5. CT Safaris

CT Safaris AH Enthusiast

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI, DSC, PHASA, DWWC
    Hunted:
    South Africa, Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe Mozambique, USA
    $400p/d is very much in line with the average DR charged by South African Outfitters. Yes there are Outfitters who charge less but there are also Outfitters that charge significantly more... I do not compete on price. My competition are those who offer similar service and a similar hunting experience in similar quality areas. I have no hidden costs; there's no extra charge for airport transfers or alcohol... In short - what you get quoted is what you end up paying without any surprises at the end of the hunt. And I believe that $400p/d is fair in this market

As far as "not seeing the savings" goes please allow me to do the math for you:

Standard cost of a 7 day hunt with CT Safaris:

Arrival Day - $150
    7 Hunting Days @ $400p/d - $2,800
    Sub Total - $2,950
    14% Tax - $413
    Total - $3,363

Standard Cost of a 10 day hunt with CT Safaris:

Arrival Day - $150
    10 Hunting Days - $4,000
    Sub Total - $4,150
    14% Tax - $581
    Total - $4,731

Difference - $1,368.

You are paying $3,363 for a 10 day hunt inclusive of Tax. Or $280 per day excl tax for a 1X1 hunt that would normally cost $400p/d. If a discount of 30% on a quality hunt does not constitute a saving...?

BTW, this hunt has been sold. Thank you for the interest.

Best regards,
  6. BRICKBURN

BRICKBURN SUPER MODERATOR CONTRIBUTOR GOLD BENEFACTOR AH Ambassador

My Photos:
    Member of:
    KZN Hunters Assoc
    Hunted:
    Namibia, South Africa, Botswana, Canada, USA, Mexico
    Thanks for the math lesson Chris. I'll add some more. (pardon the pun)

"I have no hidden costs; there's no extra charge for airport transfers or alcohol... In short - what you get quoted is what you end up paying without any surprises at the end of the hunt."

This quite an important set of considerations in your comparison and consideration.

When you put it all into a spread sheet you will see just how competitive the industry is.
    In a spread sheet, go combine a low day rate and add up the trophy fees and other charges and you'll see how the math does not differ that much when you create the sum.

In a recent AH thread a "donation hunt" was purchased at a fund raising auction. It had a new hunter (to Africa) facing a trophy fee of $6500 if he shot a Kudu with very large horns. Although the price is not hidden, per se, it is posted on the web site. Do you read every page?
    How well do you judge Kudu?? I spent ten days learning trophy judgement and they are still my nemesis.
    That "low" day rate paid at auction could sure throw your bargain out the window if you shot one of those!

From CT website Price List:
    Four provinces in RSA prices USD.
    Gemsbok (Oryx)
    Limpopo/ North West/ Mpumalunga 1400
    KwaZulu Natal 1500
    Eastern Cape 1200
    Northern Cape 1200
    (You can already be out a difference of 300 right here, depending on where you hunt with CT)

Just to be completely unfair in the trophy fee comparison.
    Lets head to Namibia for a Gemsbok (Oryx)
    500 (lowest trophy fee I recall)

Way cheaper right?

Except:
    that extra, hotel stay 110
    Airfare JHB WDK: 450
    extra Travel Day 250 to 400
    Transfer Costs 150 to 300
    TOTAL EXTRA: 960 to 1230
    This for demonstration purposes only.

I paid that extra airfare to hunt in Namibia and I would do it again in a heart beat!
    Including the extra night, hotel, etc.
    I wanted to hunt a low fence concession/farm for my Gemsbok (Oryx) in northern Namibia.

Compare everything, not just one number!
    "...those who offer similar service and a similar hunting experience in similar quality areas."

This is the hard part of your planning and you really have to do your homework.

What experience do you want?
  7. enysse

enysse AH Ambassador

My Photos:
    Member of:
    Northeast Wisconsin SCI chapter, Lifetime member of NRA,RMEF
    Hunted:
    Namibia, South Africa (East Cape, Guateng and Limpopo)
    Brickburn, you are getting to be to much like me...over analysing everything (LMAO).

Chris offers high quality hunts. And one should not expect a free lunch. I'd rather pay for a quality hunt than a average one....for the most part. In the end you get what you paid for. I thought CT Safaris offer was fair. If some one didn't like the pricing, it's time to move on to the next outfitter.