Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Professional Hunters Association of Zambia
Hi all,

I have a Parker Hale over and under shotgun, its a hand-me-down from my father. I remember using this from as soon as I could hold this shotgun.
Now the problem is that there is a bulge in the barrel, if i remember correctly, it was from a round that did not exit the barrel and another round was fired up behind it.

I am now looking for a replacement barrel, it is a pity as the barrel is in great condition still - aside from the little bulge of course.

Does anyone have any idea where I can get a replacement barrel?
As I live in Zambia, there is not much chance of succeeding here, anyone in RSA, Nam, Bots or surrounding countries have any clue who could help?
If I dont have any luck, then I would consider posting to USA or UK.

The other question is a silly one I know, but I'm going to ask it anyway, how dangerous is this bulge? Would I still be able to go out on a pigeon shoot as is, I will try post some pics this afternoon of the barrel to show the extent of the bulge.

Cheers
Pete

Pete,

How dangerous the bulge is really depends on the severity of it. Personally I wouldn't take the chance. If the barrel was to "blow up" from the pressure of a round going down the tube you would have shrapnel flying around your head.

Hi, just a quick one, i've attached a couple of pics, trying to show the bulge on the barrel. I measured it this morning with my vernier, OD of the barrel is 20mm, OD of the fattest part of the bulge is 21.6mm.
Not sure if thats worth much.
The only details that I can get off the barrel are as follows
Midland Gun Co. - on the top left of the barrel.
CAM.70 on left side of barrel
18.3 top barrel
18.5 bottom barrel.
Made in Italy on bottom of barrel
Serial No. - 99160

Barrel length is 27.5".

Thats about it! Hope this helps...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ara6336349

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you