Padlock on ammunition box?

dancoventry

Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Hi all, im off to SA for my first hunt next week and im flying from the UK to SA with VIRGIN. I have an ammo box with 2 locks and 2 sets of keys. do i also need a padlock on the case as it has no place to attatch one.

thanks

dan

its for the ammo box. its a seperate solid case with 2 locks. my rifle case has 2 locks and a padlock so that should be fine but wasnt sure about the ammo case

thanks

as long as it has locks that will be fine. its only south africa and italy i think that you have the problem with having to have separate ammo box . the other countries you can pack the manufacturers cartons in your locked suitcase and airlines and security are happy.

You should make sure you can put a lock on your suitcase too.

Usually you be able to get by just locking the 2 hasps on your ammo box.

I went through this in South Africa. Now depending on who you are dealing with you will need to be prepared for the following:

However, just be aware that you may be asked to place a lock in the your luggage, i was asked to do this and i then fished around in the bag and pulled out my small lock and put it on the two zippers pulls. and they were fine with that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpathianHunters

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!