Outfitter Recommendations?

Rich219

AH member
Reaction score
Deals & offers
I am in the process of planning a trip for either '13 or at worst '14 and I am looking for recommendations for a guide for my first trip. I am interested in bow hunting so I would really prefer that the company caters to the needs of bow hunters. I am interested in the following animals and would prefer SCI Bronze ranking animals at a minimum.

-Baboon
-Hyena (Spotted)
-Blesbok
-Caracal
-Gemsbok
-Impala
-Red Hartebeast
-Springbok
-Steekbok
-Warthog
-Zebra

I don't expect to take all of the above animals on my first trip but these are the animals that are on my list. Ideally I would like to have a chance to take as many of them as possible on my first trip down.

Right now I am pretty set on going with Limcroma Safaris for my first trip but I am open to recommendations. Any help and advice would be appreciated.

I suggest you talk to Fritz.

He was around here not long ago

Personally I don't the whole bow hunting Africa thing but he does

btw have you not seen that new thing they have come up with for hunting

called a "rifle"

It was in all the papers

I guess there is something about the challenge of hunting with a bow that interests me.

You will be very happy with Limcroma. I am headed back for my second bow hunt with them in July. The amount and quality of game is great. I would not look any further for a bow hunting safari.

How is Limcroma for rifle hunters? The more I think about it I would like to bring both my bow and a rifle. I would hate to not be able to take a SCI gold ranking animal because it was out of bow range.

Most outfits cater for both ! Not many would allow a rifle in a bow blind though ! I suggest you bring both for your own piece of mind. Some animals you listed might be more difficult to get with a bow than others ! Limcroma is a well established outfit with a good reputation for rifle and bow ! Good luck with your first trip ! I can assure you it will be the first of many !

I guess there is something about the challenge of hunting with a bow that interests me.

There are some excellent bow outfitters on AH that "get" Bow Hunting.
Not as an after thought.
You will know the difference when you encounter them.

Niel Uys, Leeukop, Spiral Horn (Louis) to just name a quick three.

I would take both. Unless you are spot and stalking you would only use one at a time. Most bow hunts are in blinds but we did a fair amount of both having good success both ways.

If you decide to go the Limcroma route...... I would insist on hunting with Riaan Jacobs though. You should do pretty well, and have an awesome time.

My best always.

I agree with Jaco that Riaan is an excellent PH. I have hunted with him and put away a few too many pints in his pub on a couple different occassions......All of the PH's are excellent or they do not get to work for Hannes.... I have hunted with Limcroma my last 2 trips over, and I have had incredible experiences both times!

Jaco & Richard,

My hat is off to both of you my friends.... You demonstate alot of class and professionalism in recommending Riaan and Limcroma, even though you are an outfitters yourselves... I know of many outfitters that would attempt to swoop in and sway a prospective client rather than offer kind words and a recommendation. Very professional and very rare...! That says alot about how you must run your own businesses......

Jaco & Richard,

My hat is off to both of you my friends.... You demonstate alot of class and professionalism in recommending Riaan and Limcroma, even though you are an outfitters yourselves... I know of many outfitters that would attempt to swoop in and sway a prospective client rather than offer kind words and a recommendation. Very professional and very rare...! That says alot about how you must run your own businesses......
You are most welcome ! The most important for any of us is to see a happy hunter return many times ! We have enough problems to try and keep our Industry clean ! I Am looking forward to your report !

Happy Hunting !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GerthaChristopher

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.