Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Member of
Safari Club International, Dallas Safari Club, Grand Slam Club/Ovis
Orlando and Active Shooter Advice
Posted by Member Services on Tue, Jun 14, 2016 @ 01:41 PM
shutterstock_101103376_crowdrun-resized-600.jpg

On 12 June 2016, a lone gunman armed with an assault rifle and a handgun opened fire at the Pulse nightclub in Orlando, Florida, killing at least 49 people and injuring over 50 others in what was the deadliest terrorist attack on US soil since 11 September 2001 and the deadliest mass shooting in US history.

The attacker appeared to have been motivated by a combination of Islamic radicalism and personal grievances towards the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) community.

After nearly three hours of shooting and a hostage situation, police and SWAT team members used an armored vehicle to breach a door to the club, allowing people to escape and for police to shoot and kill the gunman.

In an effort to keep our members and clients informed about potential threats and emerging medical and security risks, our Intelligence Team and Security Operations Team, made up of Special Operations Veterans, have prepared the following summary assessment and advice for active shooter situations.
Visit this link: Global Rescue Member Advisory: Orlando Nightclub Shooting

Last edited by a moderator:
Am I missing something or is there no following summary? Also to be clear this guy did NOT have an assault rifle, he had a semi auto only civilian version that looked simular but does not function the same. It could have been a rem 7400 in different clothes, looked similar and accomplished the same thing.

No report or attachment found

Am I missing something or is there no following summary? Also to be clear this guy did NOT have an assault rifle, he had a semi auto only civilian version that looked simular but does not function the same. It could have been a rem 7400 in different clothes, looked similar and accomplished the same thing.
Click on the Orlando and Active Shooter Advice banner at the t0p.

totally agree. Further the term "assault rifle" was invented by the Brady campaign and should not be given and credence by us or anyone who supports gun owners.

Thanks for your comments on our Orlando assessment. The assessment was based on early information about the incident. These reports, which included a statement from the Orlando Chief of Police, identified the weapon as an “assault rifle.” More details about the exact weapon used have since emerged, and reports are now describing it as an “assault-style” rifle.

We've updated our assessment to reflect this terminology and will use it in any future reports about this incident.

Reactions: lcq
Thanks for your comments on our Orlando assessment. The assessment was based on early information about the incident. These reports, which included a statement from the Orlando Chief of Police, identified the weapon as an “assault rifle.” More details about the exact weapon used have since emerged, and reports are now describing it as an “assault-style” rifle.

We've updated our assessment to reflect this terminology and will use it in any future reports about this incident.

Thanks much for helping correct the misinformation by our enemies. The police (senior brass) are as guilty as the yellow journalists and antigun politicians in perpetuating these myths which would have made Goebbels proud

tell it like it is!!!!!!

I live about 50 miles from Orlando.
The Sheriff of the County I live in just put out this informational video.
Please trust me, you will find this worth your time.
Hopefully the link works:

Last edited by a moderator:
I live about 50 miles from Orlando.
The Sheriff of the County I live in just put out this informational video.
Please trust me, you will find this worth your time.
Hopefully the link works:

A great message well delivered, thanks for posting the video.

Just remember the 3 basics: Run, hide, Fight.

If you can run, run. This isn't Hollywood and no matter how BA you think you are, if you can run do so.

If you can not run then you can try hiding. Remember the difference between cover and concealment. Cover is something that may deflect or stop a bullet, concealment is something you use to hide from the fellow(s) trying to kill you. If you can get both then that's great but, again, not Hollywood and chairs/couches/desks won't stop a bullet.

If you can not run and there is no cover, or your cover is breached, you have to be prepared to fight. Fight with everything you have. Don't pull a single punch, go for the groin, go for the throat, use any improvised weapon you can beg borrow or steal. They do not value your life and they will, if they can, kill you. Just remember to commit 100% to the attack. You might win, you might lose, nothing is for sure but this if this is your last option make the most of it.

I hope none of this helps you, I hope you never have to use a single sentence of the above, but if you do then please, remember Run, Hide, Fight.

Absolutely spot on.

Just remember the 3 basics: Run, hide, Fight.

If you can run, run. This isn't Hollywood and no matter how BA you think you are, if you can run do so.

If you can not run then you can try hiding. Remember the difference between cover and concealment. Cover is something that may deflect or stop a bullet, concealment is something you use to hide from the fellow(s) trying to kill you. If you can get both then that's great but, again, not Hollywood and chairs/couches/desks won't stop a bullet.

If you can not run and there is no cover, or your cover is breached, you have to be prepared to fight. Fight with everything you have. Don't pull a single punch, go for the groin, go for the throat, use any improvised weapon you can beg borrow or steal. They do not value your life and they will, if they can, kill you. Just remember to commit 100% to the attack. You might win, you might lose, nothing is for sure but this if this is your last option make the most of it.

I hope none of this helps you, I hope you never have to use a single sentence of the above, but if you do then please, remember Run, Hide, Fight.

Let me add that if you are forced to fight do not stop your attack until your attacker is completely neutralized and no longer poses a threat. If you are concerned about the damage you may inflict you have already lost the fight.

"Just remember the 3 basics: Run, hide, Fight. "
Note, the Florida Sheriff has specifically dropped "hide" as an option.
In fact he said he can no longer support hiding as an option.
He says "escape, evade, or for fight", not necessarily in that order.
He does say if no other option, then barricade yourself self and prepare to defend yourself.
One might debate if "hiding"is not similar to "evading".
But I don't want to pick at symantics. I did watch his video message again this morning.

I see his SWAT team train at the range I belong to ---- very serious dudes.

Excellent video, and spot on.

RUN HIDE FIGHT, Hmmmmm?
I can agree with two. Yes run if you are not able or not willing to fight. Running makes a lot of sense. Fight if you can. Fight if you cannot run. Fight like your life depends on it. Fight to KILL the enemy. Use every weapon you have, and always have a weapon. Use the furniture, use the fire extinguisher, use the pen in your pocket, use your fists, and use your teeth to rip out their throat. DO NOT Hide.

Hiding does not make you safe. Ask the folks from The Westgate Mall. EVERYONE that tried to hide was found and killed. Hiding is sticking your head in the sand, hoping the KILLERS will not find you. YES Escape if you can. YES Fight if you can't get out. Yes retreat to a better location, seek weapons, then plan your attack and take the fight to them.

When terror comes to you, do not hide, become the predator.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BelleTjalk

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you