origins of the quote

James Dunn

Reaction score
I am a surgeon in Spartanburg, South Carolina and do some small game hunting and have been to Ghana, West Africa once. The reason I asked to join this forum is that a surgeon on a List Serve that I am a part of has the quote "If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!" at the end of all his responses. Once I asked him where the quote came from, he didn't know.

I Googled it and found an association with Double rifles and Damon "Mac" McCartney. Can anyone help me track down this quote. It is not going to change my life, but I am one of those people who just wants to know the info and then put that search to rest.

Thanks, James Dunn 864-948-2230, jamesandelizabeth@charter.net

I know I've read or heard this quote somewhere before but can't remember where! It sounds like something Hemingway or Kipling could have written. Let us know if you find out Dr.

gday james welcome to AH
one of the members uses that quote as his signature ,here
always admired it , but know nothing about its origin .
good luck with your search

Welcome to AH James!

Interesting Question...Have read it somewhere and I suspect it was Karen Blixem...not sure though. Anyways welcome to AH

Welcome to Ah, James.

I´m sure one of the members will give you an answer.

Welcome to AH James! You've got me wondering now as I've been there myself. Let us know when you find out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
go789click

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois