On your first African hunting safari how many animals did you take?

• Total voters

AfricaHunting.com

Founder
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.africahunting.com
Media
Articles

edited due to a phone fart

Excluding wingshooting...

Shot 8, but unfortunatley I only brought 6 home.

I took 5 on my first trip. 2 warthogs, impala, blue wildebeest and nyala.

Last trip it was 6. 2 kudu, blesbok, mountain reedbuck, common duiker, and black wildebeest.

Told my booking agent I was planning on 8 my first time and it was a "once in a lifetime experience!" Ya, right- I took 13 and have been back 3 more times with a 5th trip in 6 weeks. Anyone new to this forum-WATCH OUT! it gets in your blood.

If you go once-you will go again, deal with it!

Like Cliffy my first trip was once in a lifetime. The first two animals I took in Africa were cape buffalo and 5 head of plainsgame after.

In the next 2 1/2 years I went three more times and have booked a 5th trip for 2013 but will probably go again in 2012.

planned on 9 but actually took 20+ it was one of those once-in-a-lifetime trips to. but we all know how that goes already booked for buffalo and plains game in Mozambique 2013. first trip was in 2008 and i was there for 15 days planning to hunt leopard but when my Ph didn't get a tag that year i decided to still go for the 15 days and got a bushbuck, kudu, waterbuck, eland, zebra, nyala, jackal, 2 baboons,3 warthogs, 6 impala, monkey,gemsbuck, then rounded out the trip touring thru Kruger for 2 days.

I messed up and voted 6 but was really 7. Blue wildebeest, springbok, blesbok, impala, zebra, southern greater kudu, and gemsbok.

I planned on 7, but ended up shooting 30. My wife shot 6. That trip ruined me. I went back to RSA last September, and will be going back to RSA in July, and Tanzania for 21 days in august and September.

Took 4 on my first day in Africa, including buffalo! 7 for the 7 day hunt total. Tanzania.

Told my booking agent I was planning on 8 my first time and it was a "once in a lifetime experience!" Ya, right- I took 13 and have been back 3 more times with a 5th trip in 6 weeks. Anyone new to this forum-WATCH OUT! it gets in your blood.

If you go once-you will go again, deal with it!

Told my wife the same thing... that a was back in 1985... been there 22 more times since.... and going again this year.

Life is great.

Seven more than I planned: I learned I'm more than just a bird hunter...

first time in africa was a 30 day hunt in the selous in 1989. 4 buff, lion, leopard, hippo, and i think in those days it was 2 or 3 in some cases of plains game. first time i ever went on a holiday where i didnt want to go home. would frighten myself too much if i tried to work out what it would cost today to do the same trip!!!:scared:

I took 5, but I was with my wife and son so we each had our turns. My wife took 4 and my son took a countless number of birds and squirrels and such with his 22.

I took 5, impala, blesbok, gemsbok, warthog, and a blue Wildebeest. Pockets are only so deep!

1998, Botswana, the Okavango delta
Buffalo, red Lechewe, Tsessebe, Kudu, Warthog, Impala
Going to Zim in May, 5th Safari

I took 6 - mtn. zebra, kudu, 2 springbok, gemsbok and steinbok. I really wish I had stayed and hunted longer. Of course, I'm going to fix that in 2013.

Took 4 ( Blue Wildebeest, Impala, Warthog, and Blesbok... Gemsbok got away.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
v9bettel

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois