Roy Sparks

AH veteran
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Member of
NAPHA, SCI, South African Hunters and Game Conservation Association
Hello all ,

I've been absent here for a spell , guess I got an ass whooping from admin for being extremely vocal on some hot topics !! Anyhow I'm relieved to be back as I really enjoy this site.

Reconstructing a hunting business in our current age is challenging with the competition being livelier than ever and trends that are ever changing - but we have been forging and moulding something very special in the heart of the Eastern Cape.

In keeping with our tradition of hunting with hounds we have established one of the finest hound hunting outfits anywhere including opportunity to hunt endemic game on free range privately owned land.

The hunting area comprises a 200 000 hectare block immediately South of the Great Winterberg that includes the Baviaans River Conservancy ( Bedford district ) and the adjacent Mankazana Valley Conservancy ( Adelaide district ).

This is a beautifully scenic mountainous area with diverse habitat from open Highveld grasslands , deep valleys with natural forest and riverine bush.

How it works - well we have four permanent hound teams stationed within this area that hunt 5 days weekly for lynx and jackal. 200 000 hectares is a lot of ground to cover so we can only regulate not eliminate the predators here. The population is sustainable. Often up to 5 caracal , lynx are taken every week as per records kept for the past 8 years. Yes your chances are more than good.

We have access to all this ground and the hound teams for both the predators as well as hunting trophy endemic species such as Kudu , bushbuck , mountain reedbuck , vaal rhebuck , grey duiker and bushpig all totally free range. There are a host of other introduced species endemic to South Africa as well as fallow deer.

We also have a dedicated full time hound team for bushpig as well as the option of baiting - there are plenty bushpig and we do not hunt them to eradicate them , we value them as a special game species. Your best chance of being successful on both caracal and bushpig - jackal as well if you like.

This is bushbuck and bushpig paradise and we have a very healthy population of mountain reedbuck ( 7 Rowland Ward trophies taken this season ).

Anyway if you looking for free range hunting in a beautifully scenic area with the top hound teams at your disposal , we have it.

Thanks for reading - Roy.

Glad to see you back Roy. You bring a different perspective. Sounds like a huge hunting area. Bruce

Welcome back, you are truly a legend when it comes to African hunting with hounds.

Those conservancies can certainly use your services with predator control.
Jackal control should be interesting, to say the least.

Good luck with this venture.

Roy, do you have a website that we can visit?

Roy, do you have a website that we can visit?
Mate not yet , but hope to have one running soon. Thanks for your interest.

I think anyone that enjoys hunting with dogs should look you up.

Welcome back to AH.

Hope things go well for you in your endeavors.

Roy welcome back, when I saw you start posting the other day I was extremely interested to hear about your new endeavor. Sounds like you have something special going, nothing like good dog work and you are keeping them in shape!

Good luck, Roy !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LawerenceC

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!