Old School Hunting Vehicle

Think of what they could do with that vehicle now with electric winches.

enysee,

I don't remember any spool winches back then. The one we had was a drum winch (mounted vertically) It can barely be seen in the top photo that I posted. You had loose cable and would have to throw a clove hitch over the drum. A second person would have to hold the loose end to keep tension on the cable. If I remember correct there was a PTO coming off the front of the block that you could use to run the winch.

A good spool winch would have been nice.

Those are some incredible pictures Wheels!

Thanks Wheels, Awesome photos! I'm glad the vehicles were included in the trophy photos. I think it makes them more special to see them doing what they were built for! And the river crossing....! Tough stuff

My Dad has many fond memories of the vehicle.

Those are some incredible pictures Wheels!

Glad you guys enjoyed the photos.

The Landrovers always rattled pretty good and didn't seal real tight. When fording a drift you usually got wet.

They were fun times.

Gotta love some good old fashioned land rovers. Even the modern day Range Rover still feels like a tank. There is no car on the market today that I feel compares in driving experience to a supercharged V8 Range Rover. With that said, I have been thinking about getting a Land Rover Defender for some time now...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noah8899

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg