Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
South Africa,Zimbabwe,Sweden
I have been looking at this Warthog skull in my collection for a while now,not a huge pig by any standards but this old Boar must have one hell of a story to tell.

Looks like he had a pretty bad skull fracture at sometime or another that split his skull bone pretty bad. I would have thought it could have been a wire from a snare,but I know it was not as there was no wire or external marks on the hide to show a snare had trapped the old warrior at some stage. Sure he had a pretty bad headache for a while.

Sometimes we should appreciate not only the death of a trophy,but also the life of a cunning, battle worn old warrior.

IMAG0439.jpg
IMAG0440.jpg

Spike the more I compare it to a normal skull the more I think it was someone who shot it with a light caliber rifle or at a angle that the bullet just did not penetrate. If you have a look at the top of the regrowth you pretty much see a deformation of bone growth kind of like a crater in the centre of the head. The standard two holes in the front of the skull are also missing,fused in the fracture.

Neat skull.

Looks like he healed up pretty well.

Spike the more I compare it to a normal skull the more I think it was someone who shot it with a light caliber rifle or at a angle that the bullet just did not penetrate. If you have a look at the top of the regrowth you pretty much see a deformation of bone growth kind of like a crater in the centre of the head. The standard two holes in the front of the skull are also missing,fused in the fracture.

yup sounds feasible

that story i recon would be worth a listen
Great old boar on any scale

Shot Shot

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silke2404

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.