Obama's Visit to Africa / Zimbabwe / China

It would be unfortunate to not be able to bring back certain species trophies the way things are headed (or better said, risk trophy damage due to sea freight transportation), but I personally have greater fears. I saw last night that the lawyer for the doctor in PA said his client wasn't even in Africa in April when the other lion was claimed to have been illegally taken ("shockingly", this hasn't gotten as much publicity :whistle:).

http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/04/world/zimbabwe-illegal-hunting-american/index.html

Irrespective of the final facts, this doctor has had his personal and professional life turned upside down because he happened to be an AMERICAN (some might add: wealthy, male, white, etc) trophy hunter.

I agree. I never thought I would have to consider potential business and family risks at home for having a perfectly legal, pro-conservation recreational activity. Living in the same "area" as "the dentist" brings it all home - so to speak. I will reserve judgment (and spare everyone my opinion) until all the facts are out, but I am sure he would say at this point it, unfortunately, wasn't worth the impact on his life and livelihood (irrespective of whether everything was legal, ethical and aboveboard or not).
I have a Kruger Park buffalo tag waiting for me next month and I am ABSOLUTELY going. I'm big, burly and belligerent and it's been a while since I knuckled under in an argument, but that's just me. I think you should go but I do understand if you decide otherwise.

IdaRam, your ganny is my spirit animal. F%&K em, fill speed ahead for me too!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tope

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!