sandman0921

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Member of
SCI (Life), RMEF (Life), DU, NWTF, NRA (Patron Life), GOA, DSC (Life), WSF (Life), B&C Club (Sponsor Associate Member), USSA (Associate Member)
Hunted
USA (GA, TN, AR, TX, FL, UT, NM, WY, MT, AK, IL, MO, IA); Canada (NWT, BC); Africa (Tanzania)
I've searched on the AH forums, and posted this question elsewhere, but this may be a better place......

I have a 450 Rigby I will be developing loads for. Originally I had chosen the 0.458 Hornady DGX and DGS bullets in an effort to minimize shift in POI between the two when they were both loaded in the magazine. Since that time, I've begun to rethink those bullets after some of the reports I've read....

Anyway, I was thinking of going with the 0.458 Swift A-frame (500 grain) for my "soft", and the 0.458 Nosler Solid (500 grain) for my solid in this rifle. I'm sure there'll be some shift of POI between the two, but at <100 yds, I'm not sure how significant this will be coming from a dangerous game rifle.

I would love to go with the Barnes Banded Solids, but since they're being reviewed by the U.S. BATFE, they're impossible to find.

My question is, does anyone have any experience with the Nosler Solids (i.e., performance, feeding, POI, etc.)?

I've shot the A-frames in different calibers, and am very impressed. Coupled with the reports coming out of Africa over the last couple of decades, I have no doubt these will be fine.

Thanks so much in advance...

Swift is now producing a solid to match their A-frame. it might not be available on their website yet but if you contact them they might be able to hook you up.

-matt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arecruitment880

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!