Non trophy Buffalo hunt

I grew up on a farm and during harvest especially you could go down there and tell where the work was being done due to the birds. I used to love watching the Egrets hunt!

I watch those same birds around the crawfish ponds in our area. There is a group of hundreds that nest near a pond right off I-10. It is a sight to see hundreds of them to get up all at the same time.

Hey guys! I am looking for some information. I have been lurking here for a while but just joined today. I am planning an upcoming safari and I just want to get all of my ducks in a row. I have heard about non trophy buffalo hunts, but I haven't seen any prices listed for those. I am considering a cow hunt but if I could get a "non" trophy bull that would be great too. I am not somebody that has to shoot the biggest. Just looking for a good experience.
Thanks for the help
Eli

I would tell you to do the one that suits you best and your price range.

I know we all would love to hunt some big bull buff in moz , zim or zamibia. With that said we all have different budgets and all have different taste in what animals would make us happy.

I would have loved for my son to hunt a male lion. Budget was not there to do so at the time we did the hunt. We still had a great hunt that made us happy. Would the hunt we had make everyone happy the answer would be no way.

If chasing a cow buff on 10,000 acres in the limpo a hunt for everyone well no it is not. Well it be one that makes you happy and in the price range you want? Well one person can say yes or no to that question. I would rather hunt a cow buff in SA then never hunt a buff at all.

You will never change the minds of people who think buff hunting in SA is not a hunt. You will also not change there mind on hunting a cow buff. You can use the info of all to see if another hunt maybe more what your looking for just don't get caught up in all of there hunt is better then this one or your idea is no good.

I did answer your PM and email and will get you a quote as soon as I can for 2017. Feel free to ask me anything you may want to know about paw print and Pieter. Looking forward to working with you more if you pick paw print for your safari.
Thanks Billc

Billc, like I always say different strokes for different blokes.

I suggest you through a budget on a hunt, see what offers you get from outfitters.

Billc, like I always say different strokes for different blokes.

That is spot on the mark TMS. We all have difference on what makes a hunt good to us.

Bottom line, I am driven by hunting, but not always by shooting.

First, welcome to AH. Glad to have you jump in and start participating.

You can probably get a SA cow buff hunt for south of 5k and a Massailand bull for north of 40k. Plus everything in between. As has been mentioned. Throw out a budget number and see what the outfitters/agents bring to the table. You will probably get some nice offers. If you have questions about the outfitters, just ask. You will get responses. Good responses will probably be posted on the thread. Bad responses, if any, may be posted to the thread or sent to your pm box.

All the best in your decision. Keep us posted of what you decide.

Similar dagga boy from 14.

P1060319.JPG

Nice good old dagga boy...

Nothing wrong with a Buff Cow hunt!

Eli, PM SEND!

Bushwhack, yes in the eyes of a outfitter there is no problem to squeeze in a cow client, but the different from a normal 35-36 hard bossed bull should not be more than 3500 usd compare to a cow... Then time, traveling etc... that will be added in both cases, and finally the big risk that the client will come back for a bull next year... I will definitely recommend a bull.

They sold some acceptable Bulls at the auction "Seven Fountains" in EC for 55.000 ZAR ($4300) that was not transportable, but for hunt on the sellers farm... So with a little planing and investigation a buffalo do not have to cost $20.000 usd....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lepani

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!