Non-free range Bison hunts

davidt

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Hello All,
I was wondering from some that have done it and others that have researched a great deal if anyone is aware of a non-free range bison hunt that was or would be a true hunt in the lower 48? I am curious of past experiences and so on as I am trying to find a place that will have maybe 3 or more day hunt or at least were it isnt a drive up and shoot and be done in an hour deal. The free range herds are so hard to get a tag for that I am checking into other locations as well. Would love to get any information anyone has. Thanks!!

Last edited:
david

i have a friend who went on a bison hunt in eastern oregon.

he was able to get his bison, however the other man in the party was not able to get one. they were in a 50,000 acre pasture and the hunt was unguided.

i would suggest that you do a google search on bison hunts.

there are some bison hunts in south dakota and nebraska that also have guided hunts and they suggest 2 to 3 days depending on how picky you are. they call them trophy and non trophy hunts.

check with custer state part in south dakota as they have a few guided hunts each year in the park. here it is a true cull on older bulls.

Ted Turner Ranches would be worth looking into perhaps, large parcels throughout several states that host various terrain differences.

Or you can do like I do. Get a hold of the Troy Lions Club in Troy, Idaho and buy some raffle tickets for a chance at a buffalo. Tickets are $5. I bought 20 this year. No I have not won the raffle yet:mad: in about 6 tries, that's why I got 20 this year!:eek: One of these days.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markekcertifications

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you