Newboomer aboard

Newboomer

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Member of
NRA, SCI, American Legion, Freemasons
Hunted
RSA, Maine, Montana, Colorado, Texas, Alaska, California.
Greetings from Nevada, USA.
My name is Roger Cole. I found AH on the recommendation of Robert at SSI who I booked my safari through. Safari has been on my bucket list for decades and now I am realizing the dream.

I chose the monicker Newboomer from the purchase of my Win 70 in 375H&H. It is a new boomer in my arsenal and after a few rounds it's not much different than a 12 guage with slugs. Took a little getting used to.

I'm going for PG this time and taking my 308 Win and Boomer (just for backup). I welcome advice and suggestions from all members.

Welcome! You will enjoy this great site. Who are you going with, and what is your list?

Welcome to AH.

Who are you hunting with? and what's on the list?
(There must be an echo in here, in here, in here,)

Welcome to AH Roger! Looking forward to having you on the site and lots of valuable information to gather here.

Greetings from Nevada, USA.
My name is Roger Cole. I found AH on the recommendation of Robert at SSI who I booked my safari through. Safari has been on my bucket list for decades and now I am realizing the dream.

I chose the monicker Newboomer from the purchase of my Win 70 in 375H&H. It is a new boomer in my arsenal and after a few rounds it's not much different than a 12 guage with slugs. Took a little getting used to.

I'm going for PG this time and taking my 308 Win and Boomer (just for backup). I welcome advice and suggestions from all members.

Welcome to AH! I have the same M70 in .375H&H. If you're a hand loader, let me know as I have numerous loads that should work well for you including some 250gr loads that are great for PG.

Welcome! You will enjoy this great site. Who are you going with, and what is your list?

I'm hunting with Brian Seady of Two Waters Safaris on the Eastern Cape. Looking at Kudu, Blue Wildebeest, Gemsbok, Zebra, and "targets of opportunity".

Welcome :S Welcome:

Welcome to AH! I have the same M70 in .375H&H. If you're a hand loader, let me know as I have numerous loads that should work well for you including some 250gr loads that are great for PG.

Right now I'm shooting Federal Powershock 270s to sight in. I have some PPU 300 SPs that shoot pretty good. Don't know about the Feds. I went out yesterday and they didn't shoot worth a damn. Shot 6 inches high and 3 inches left at 100 yds. Reset the scope and they went 12 high an 6 right. Got to looking and my front lever on my Talley QDs was a tad loose and I have a pressure point at the front of the stock. Quit while I was ahead and took it into the smith today to relieve the stock and set my trigger to 3 lbs. It was at 4 3/4. I probably could do it myself but I don't have the tools. I think from what I've read here that the Feds will be plenty for PG.

I'm also taking my Rem. 308 Win with Barnes TTSX in 168 gr. The guy I bought Boomer ( my 375) from is a 6 timer to Africa and he kind of wrinkled his nose when I mentioned 308. He thinks it's marginal. Much happier when I got Boomer. Says it's much better, even for PG.

I'd like to find some lighter loads (cheaper) to practice with but haven't yet. I don't reload but have friends who do, so, yes, I'm interested in your recommendations. At 50 bucks a box for the Feds and 40 for Barnes ( on sale) it gets a little pricey to practice much. Thanks for the offer.

Welcome aboard!

Welcome. All the information you need is right here on the site. Just search for what you need.

Welcome to AH, Roger!
Nice to have you join us here. Sure you will have a great time with Brian. He runs a solid outfit. Drove past him the other day. All the best with your safari.

Take Care,
Marius Goosen

Welcome to AH, Roger!
Nice to have you join us here. Sure you will have a great time with Brian. He runs a solid outfit. Drove past him the other day. All the best with your safari.

Take Care,
Marius Goosen

Marius, thanks for the endorsement. Haven't seen any posts from Brian here, but I guess every outfitter doesn't post. Makes me feel better that he comes recommended by other outfitters.

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to the group Roger. Happy hunting.

Welcome to AH sir!

Welcome to AH, Roger !

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to AH, your calibre choice will work well on all plains game species.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonmark007

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg