Newbie to the forum question about Africa bowhunting.

RChunter

Reaction score
Hi all I am new to the forums and wanted to introduce myself.

I am planning on bowhunting in africa with my father and brother in law.

None of us have been to africa. We are also new to hunting with bows but have enjoyed shotting at the ranges alot. The three of us are going elk hunting in Idaho.

I would love any feedback about where to hunt. I really would like a nice Kudu, or gemsbok.

Cheers
Ryan

Welcome Ryan,

I have sent you a private message.

Reagrds,

Hi Ryan

Welcome to the forum!

I sent a pm.

Best Regards
Louis van Bergen

I won't go on my hunt until this July, but so far I would highly recommend Dries Visser Safaris. They have been very easy to deal and very helpful thus far. I have talked with several bowhunters that have been there and have nothing but good to say about them. I met face to face with Dries Jr. in January, and I'm sure I will have a great hunt. I will give a full hunt report when I get back. Check out their website.

DVisser Safaris

nd

Welcome to AH Ryan! Look at South Africa and Namibia, two great bowhunting destinations.

I would highly recommend Louis from Spiral Horn Safaris. I bowhunted with him last year and have re-booked for 2011. Great operation, friendly people, awesome animals. His prices are fair as well. He's worth checking out.

Spiral Horn Hunting Safaris South Africa

I would recomend doing all the reasearch you can handle. There are a multitude of things to consider. Desired game species, terrain, accomidations etc. etc.
Example: I went to the limppo province of RSA. In retrospect it was a great place to hunt but not much for looks. The terrain is flat bushveld with nothing much to look at as far as scenery. On the other hand is see alot of pictures from guys who have been to the eastern cape and the scenery is just awsome.
Also RSA is very modern. The PHs text messaged back and forth about who just shot what. Its is not the africa of Ruark and hemmingway. My next safari will be to a much more remote location.
These are just some things to consider. If you have anymore questions feel free to ask.

I can recomend Dries Visser. Even though there were minor details i was not totaly satified about, they did everything in there power to make sure my hunt was a success.

Good Day Ryan and welcome to the forum. To answer your question on where to bow hunt for your first African Safari is as follow.

1. Make sure that the outfitter u will be using is an avid bow hunter and bow hunting outfitter.
  2. Make use references and ask as many questions as possible.
  3. Do not let low prices lead you in the wrong direction.
  4. Make sure you book in the right months, normally from June to August and not over a full moon.

I hope that this will help you getting the right outfit for you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuciaWains

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg