NEW ZELAND: Our First Hunting Trip To New Zealand

love the girls, stag ,j.

Thanks guys, yeah her stag is a beaut. Not bad for a right handed girl using her brothers left handed 30-06. For some reason she didn't want to use my right handed 338 WM. None of my kids like to shoot that gun, I think that I raised a couple of recoil sissies.

You are having one great time and the memories, stories you'll tell each other down the road will bring it all back. The best hunts are with family.

Great pictures and congratulations. Your son's Tahr is a beauty great mane. Congrats to all. Beautiful trophies

Well we made it home without too much drama, just a day and a half of flying and putting up with airport employees that don't have a clue. CBP and TSA were a breeze to deal with, the only thing I don't like is the fact that my guns serial numbers went into a data bank some where. But I guess I'm on enough government lists that one more won't hurt too much. I'm waiting on my suitcase to be delivered to my house, some how United Airlines baggage handlers didn't get it on the last flight last night. But to their credit they already had it figured out and on it's way to me when I went to the desk to report it missing.
I'm tired guys, I have a bunch of sleep to catch up on and a whole lot of things to take care of here at home. It's amazing how much attention the yard, house and garden are demanding after no one being home for 2 weeks. I'll write up a full report on the trip when I can think straight, right now I feel a nap coming on.

you awake yet , jduckhunter ?
hope you've all rested and reset the body clock ..........

you awake yet , jduckhunter ?
hope you've all rested and reset the body clock ..........
Yeah bluey we're ok, today was the first day back at work for all of us and it was a bit of a struggle but tomorrow should be better.

you know bluey a while back when you told me to enjoy the land of the long white cloud I didn't think that I would be looking at that damn cloud all day every day. But there it was all the time a big white cloud blowing one way or the other.

yup, that's what im told , soon I really need to get there (thinking about living there , a lot lately)
how did you find the locals ?
and whet abuit thet axxint, hey ?
glad your all back on track ,mate
now how about entertaining the masses?????

People couldn't have been nicer or more helpful, everyone we dealt with truly seemed to enjoy their work. Oh but that bloody accent, with my significant hearing loss and the speed at which they talk, I found myself just smiling and pretending to understand them quite often. I know that it had to be frustrating for our guide trying to whisper instructions to me while we were stalking and preparing to shoot. Several times I just shook my head and did my own thing, going deaf isn't for sissies. Luckily this wasn't my first hunt and I had a pretty good grasp on what was going on and what he wanted me to do. I don't know much about the economy in Australia but I found things a bit pricey in NZ, even with the favorable exchange rate. All in all it looks like a nice place to live though and their liberal hunting laws make it even more attractive.
I'm going to soon start working on a hunt report I promise, there has just been a lot to catch up on here on the home front.

kiwis and the irish, hands down the nicest people on the planet ......
and bloody pricey , its worse on this side of the tasman , bloko.......
their common sense and attitude towards hunting is whats the most appealing to me as the residence thing goes ......
im thinking a nice farm at the bottom of the north island , and flying in and out this oppressed nation to work , 3 weeks at sea one week at home in un zed....

South Island is where it is at Bluey. Tahr, chamois, better duck limits, amazing trout fishing. Can get a bit colder than Aussie though. Stay long enough to pick up enough of the accent to be ridiculed when you go back to Aus for a holiday.

Man that's great you had a wonderful hunt. You took some amazing trophies. New Zealand Is a bucket list deal for me. After I get a few trips to Africa down I definitely want to go there. A chamois and tahr is definitely top o the list for me. Congrats!

Bloody hell giz
You must have a hoooooge bucket ,bloke

Lol, it's a big bucket and more of a book than a list! Australia is on it too for the water buff and some of the sambar and such. My daughter is named Sydney if that tells you anything. (y)

yup, that's what im told , soon I really need to get there (thinking about living there , a lot lately)
how did you find the locals ?
and whet abuit thet axxint, hey ?
glad your all back on track ,mate
now how about entertaining the masses?????

bluey

If Aussie service stations are 'servos' and Aussie ambulance officers are 'ambos' ...

Does that make you a 'hunto' ?:confused: :D

Fact of the day: 'Australian gravy' is another name for tomato sauce. :D Cheers:

Last edited:
Congratulations, beautiful trophies!!!
New Zeeland seems to be a nice place to hunt.
i already havd book a hunt for May 2016 with Kiwi Safaris, hope I can do as well as you did.

Great trophies. Wmh too all of you.(y)(y)(y)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LynnePhife

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg