Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Member of
NRA, Life SCI, Life DSC, Life EWA
Hunted
RSA, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Tanzania, Cameroon, Mongolia, Kyrgyzstan, Austria, Australia, TX, NM
Hi All,

I am a rancher from Texas and have hunted in Africa a few times. I have mostly traveled to Africa and Australia in pursuit of a domesticated animal. Now I might have you wondering? On my first Safari in the Eastern Cape in 1997 I happened by many Dorper Sheep farms and became fascinated with a hardy meat sheep that did not have to be sheared. As they say the rest is history!
After 5 trips to Africa finally I am going on a dangerous game hunt. Now you won't be surprised to know I'll attend the Namibian National Dorper Championships Show and Sale first then fly to Caprivi in search of buffalo, elephant, hippo, & croc.
I've spent more time in Namibia than anywhere else and I truly love the people and the vast landscapes. I suppose being from west Texas I feel at home in the desert with a group of hard working and very pleasant men and ladies.
I am not much of a "gear guy" but I always appreciate advice from those who have done it before.

Kind Regards,
Philip

Welcome to AH, Philip !

Welcome Phillip.
They sure taste great on the bbq! All the best with the show. Hope to see some photos of your hunt.

Take Care,
Marius Goosen
KMG Hunting Safaris

Welcome!!!

Where abouts in West Texas? I'm with you. I love the desert out there and miss it.

Welcome Philip;
Advise? Savor every minute of your elephant hunt, shoot straight, and appreciate the moments when you get to lay your hands on that majestic beast.

Then hammer out a complete hunt report with lots of pictures and post them on here! That sounds like a dream hunt. One I've been thinking of, especially after talking to some Namibian Guides at DCS.

Welcome Phil,
You picked the right forum,
There is no mud slinging and plenty of good advice.....

Greetings. Your Caprivi hunt sounds like an excellent adventure. Looking forward to hearing the tales of that trip.

Good luck on your hunt.
As always, I'll invite youth share a hunt report when your done.

Who are you hunting with?

Welcome to AH.

Welcome to AH Philip! Please share some pictures with us!

Welcome to AH Philip. We now have 3 Philip's on this fine forum who spell their name properly..... one "L". The other being @PLM who is from the other end of Texas.

Welcome!!!

Where abouts in West Texas? I'm with you. I love the desert out there and miss it.

I live near Water Valley which is west of San Angelo. We are hoping for April rain so we can escape the current drought we've been experiencing. Seems the only moisture we can get is ice! My friends in Namibia are suffering through a horrible drought at the moment as well.

Good luck on your hunt.
As always, I'll invite youth share a hunt report when your done.

Who are you hunting with?

Welcome to AH.
I am hunting with Aru Game lodge which is owned and operated by Gysbert and Danene van der Westhuyzen. I happened to hunt with Gysbert kind of by accident three years ago. I was with another operator who was unable to provide all the plains game I wanted to hunt partly because cheetah's had cleaned out his springbok and he took us to Veronica which is one of the farms Gysbert has. It was such a wonderful experience and for plains game you will be hard pressed to find a better place to hunt. Picturesque with large herds of most animals in a camel thorn tree savannah. Danene is one of the few ladies who are licensed as a PH so they both know their business. They are taking me to Caprivi and I know I'll be in good hands.
I'll look forward to making a full report in October.
Philip

I live near Water Valley which is west of San Angelo. We are hoping for April rain so we can escape the current drought we've been experiencing. Seems the only moisture we can get is ice! My friends in Namibia are suffering through a horrible drought at the moment as well.

I kind of call Texas my second home as I roam around out there quite often, and I know exactly where you are Philip.
I don't suppose you know a old cattle rancher by the name of Bodey who has a spread out there do ya?

Welcome to AH pardner. You'll find this place to your liking I imagine. Most good ole boys do!

gday phil welcome to AH
enjoy the site
l like the dorpers to mate , marinated in soy and honey with a good bit of rosemary , char grilled over an iron bark fed BBQ

Welcome to AH Philip!

Welcome to AH Philip!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OlivaLondo

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!