New Scope Mounts

High Desert Hunter

AH veteran
Reaction score
My Ruger Alaskan in 375 Ruger has good useable open sights, so to take advantage of this, I broke down and bought a set of quick detach scope rings. They are well made in Alaska, and have so far proven very functional.

IMG_0909.JPG
IMG_0910.JPG

Great looking setup. Morris @ Alaska Arms makes great QD rings for Ruger and CZ.

As a Sooner fan I still have a hard time when seeing Oregon Ducks paraphernalia after the 2006 referees call.:(

I am a die hard Ducks fan, Oregon will always be home for me, I was born in Eastern Oregon, within sight of the Oregon Trail. I fully understand your angst with the call, over the years I have seen far too many, but that one was exceptionally bad. Morris certainly has a winning combination with these rings, I love them, they exude quality.

Last edited:
Hey thanks for showing them off. Never knew they existed before your post, just got confirmation our shipped today for my wife's new 375 Ruger Guide gun.

Thanks HDH and AH!

I think you will be happy. They are a quality product. If I remember correct, he guarantees a .25 MOA every time you take the scope off and put it back on.

Morris' videos show what the rings do. The second video deals with CZ's, but shows a continuous video with no breaks. The first video is the Ruger rings but it has cut aways.

All the best.

I just bought the Warn QD rings for my new Ruger Hawkeye African .375 Ruger and I don't like the levers on the right hand side. I think they may be in my way. I don't need something in my way on a DG Safari! I am going to order Alaskan Arms QD rings because you can specify left hand levers. These are the only two I've found for my Ruger.
Anyone have thoughts on left versus right side levers?
Regards,
Philip

I like the setup with the levers on the left side for a right handed shooter, but I have never tried the Ward QDs so I couldn't say if they would be in the way. So far these Alaska Arms rings have served well, over 100 rounds and still no shift in zero.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AbigailSuh

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!