New Scope Mounts

Discussion in 'Hunting Equipment, Gear & Optics' started by High Desert Hunter, May 17, 2014.

1. High Desert Hunter

High Desert Hunter AH Member

My Ruger Alaskan in 375 Ruger has good useable open sights, so to take advantage of this, I broke down and bought a set of quick detach scope rings. They are well made in Alaska, and have so far proven very functional.

IMG_0909.JPG IMG_0910.JPG
  2. Wheels

Wheels GOLD SUPPORTER AH Elite

My Photos:
    Hunted:
    Zimbabwe, Namibia, South Africa, Tanzania
    Great looking setup. Morris @ Alaska Arms makes great QD rings for Ruger and CZ.

As a Sooner fan I still have a hard time when seeing Oregon Ducks paraphernalia after the 2006 referees call.:(
  3. High Desert Hunter

High Desert Hunter AH Member

I am a die hard Ducks fan, Oregon will always be home for me, I was born in Eastern Oregon, within sight of the Oregon Trail. I fully understand your angst with the call, over the years I have seen far too many, but that one was exceptionally bad. Morris certainly has a winning combination with these rings, I love them, they exude quality.
    Last edited: May 17, 2014
  4. ActionBob

ActionBob AH Enthusiast

Member of:
    NRA
    Hunted:
    USA, South Africa
    Hey thanks for showing them off. Never knew they existed before your post, just got confirmation our shipped today for my wife's new 375 Ruger Guide gun.

Thanks HDH and AH!
  5. Wheels

Wheels GOLD SUPPORTER AH Elite

My Photos:
    Hunted:
    Zimbabwe, Namibia, South Africa, Tanzania
    I think you will be happy. They are a quality product. If I remember correct, he guarantees a .25 MOA every time you take the scope off and put it back on.

Morris' videos show what the rings do. The second video deals with CZ's, but shows a continuous video with no breaks. The first video is the Ruger rings but it has cut aways.

All the best.