Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
B&C, DSC
Hunted
US, Mexico, S Africa, Namibia
I had this email from my Namibian outfitter this morning. This would be worth checking out:

Dear Johnny

The following traveling requirement is applicable in the event your travels take you to South-Africa, even only in-transit:

Upon arriving to South-Africa, each passport is required to have two BLANC PAGES NEXT TO ONE ANOTHER in order to enter South-Africa. Two blanc pages back to back is not accepted in South Africa. If you do not adhere to this travel requirement, you will be send back to you country of origin without delay.

Let us know where and how we could be of any assistance during the planning process of your upcoming and scheduled safari.

Hit reply on this email, I’m standing by to help you!

Kowas Hunting Safaris

I think that it may of said at least two blank pages and not two continuous blank pages. That along with the expiration date should be greater than 6 months from the time that you arrive.

These requirements are not new but should be respected.

All foreigners must be in possession of a passport that will remain valid for at least six months after the intended date of departure as well as a round trip airline ticket. While flying to or through South Africa, make sure you have at least two blank pages in your passport for visa stamps, more if you are adding stops to other countries in your itinerary.

I think that it may of said at least two blank pages and not two continuous blank pages. That along with the expiration date should be greater than 6 months from the time that you arrive.
Correct on the blank pages, I don't believe they have to be continuous. However the passport needs to remain valid for at least six months after the intended date of departure.

From Foreign Affairs.
Valid April 9, 2016 at 12:00 EST

Passport

To visit South Africa, Canadians must present a passport, which must be valid for at least 30 days beyond the date of expected departure from that country. Before you leave, ask your transportation company about its requirements related to passport validity, which may be more stringent than the country’s entry rules.

Your passport must contain at least two empty visa pages for the necessary South African Temporary Residence Permit, or you will be denied entry into the country. You may also be denied boarding at the point of departure if you don’t have enough blank pages for the visa. If you plan to visit neighbouring countries and return to South Africa, ensure that there are sufficient visa pages in your passport for those countries’ visas or you will be denied re-entry into South Africa.

You must also be in possession of a return or an onward ticket. Without one, you may be required to deposit the equivalent of a fare home with customs. The money will be refunded after departure from South Africa.

As the final destination is Namibia….

South Africa
All foreigners must be in possession of a passport that will remain valid for at least 30 days after the intended date of departure from South Africa as well as a round trip airline ticket.

Make sure you have at least two blank pages in your passport for visa stamps, more if you are adding stops to other countries in your itinerary.

Namibia
All foreigners must be in possession of a passport that will remain valid for at least six months after the intended date of departure from Namibia as well as a round trip airline ticket.

Last edited:
Nearly ran into this issue last year on a multiple country trip. USA -RSA -Tanzania-RSA-Botswana-RSA-USA trip. (Actual stops, no intransit) I knew the rules but wasn't paying attention. Into the trip, I realize I would run out of pages. I started telling customs agents my dilemma and asked them to stamp used pages as I didn't want to get stuck in Botswana going into the RSA on the last leg. Customs agents in Tanzania, RSA and Botswana all obliged with no issues. Must be the sexy smile.:D

Motto of the story: If in trouble, always ask, smile and humbly act ignorant. (Not difficult for me):oops:

Do you have to show the actual airlines tickets? All I got from Lori is an itinerary with confirmation numbers. Come to think of it, I haven't seen an actual ticket for domestic travel for some time.

Itinerary is fine!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaI60135

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross