New Mexico Elk Hunt

Discussion in 'GREAT DEALS on Hunts Worldwide' started by James Jeffrey - HuntingAgent.com, Aug 20, 2014.

1. James Jeffrey - HuntingAgent.com

James Jeffrey - HuntingAgent.com SPONSOR AH Fanatic

My Photos:
    My outfitter in New Mexico just leased a new ranch in unit 7B, the ranch is privately held and just over 12,000 acres. The area has not been hunted in 2 years. One one side it is bordered by an Indian reservation that does little hunting and on the other side it is bordered by a government owned are that also does very little hunting.

The lodge is an old bunkhouse, nice and clean, but rustic. meals and guiding are included in the price of the 5 day hunt as well as the trophy fee for one bull elk. the largest elk ever taken off the ranch was by a previous owner and it scored 340". That is exceptional and I would expect to see bulls in the 280-300" range as more of a norm.

I have 4 openings for bow season and 4 openings for rifle season. I do expect to see some good numbers on the ranch as well some nice elk taken this year.

Hunts are 5 long, bow hunts start Sept 16, rifle hunts can be done from late October through the end of the season in Dec. Minimum 2x hunters.

Hunts are $4,500 plus NM tax and license cost $569.

2. sincitynut

sincitynut AH Member

My Photos:
    Member of:
    NRA, Buckmasters, North American Hunting Club, American Legion
    Hunted:
    Eastern Cape RSA
    That is a good price on an Elk hunt, wish I could go!

3. Pheroze

Pheroze BRONZE SUPPORTER AH Enthusiast

My Photos:
    Member of:
    Woods and Water, OFAH, RMEF
    Hunted:
    Canada, USA
    nice opportunity!