AH member
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Member of
SCI, Ontario Out of Doors,
Hunted
South Africa, Namibia, Mozambique, Zimbabwe
Hello my name is Doug Dolan

I took my first hunting trip to Africa in 2009, my second in 2010, and plan on returning in September.

In fact I loved it so much I started my own booking agency. I started my own agency out of the fact that I was not very happy with the agency I used on my first trip, from bad advise to no advise to being bumped around from PH to PH, to not knowing the exact location of my Safari. The thing that saved the trip for my father and myself was our host, who we eventually got to hunt with.

I feel it is my responsibility to give a potiential client the REAL picture of that they can expect and receive on there Safari.

I am a professional Fire Fighter and I used to do Sales on the side, now I have my own agency, D & D Safaris.
I have always enjoyed hunting and even do some Guideing for Geese at home in Ontario Canada, I enjoy hunting and being around people who also enjoy hunting.
This site seems to be full of information and people who enjoy the same things as I do.

Regards
Doug Dolan

Welcome to AH Doug! Looking forward to your input.

Welcome to the forum, Doug !

Welcome to AH, Doug!

Another welcome, please share any hunting stories from Africa!

Fire fighting to booking agent. Diversity in your job description.
Well, I hope to see your input soon.
Welcome.

Thanks for the welcome.
Hi Brickburn do not forget Hunting Guide. I only have 13 years remaining with the fire department( go in hard get our quick) and figure I will need something to keep me busy. I was working on the side as a sales agent for 10 years but with tough times steped down so the other sales agents in our company could take over my area and keep there pay the same instead taking a wage drop.
So I figured I realy like the trade show and customer service side of the business and that is what is required as a booking agent.
My firefighting job allows me to grow slowly and learn the business properly that is why I only deal with 4 outfitters in Africa and have not expanded to many other areas I have good outfitters that have nice properties good quality animals and take great pride in the way they manage their business and clients. AS a WORKING MAN I also understand that it is a lot of money for one of these trips and that everything must go properly with no surprises. The largest responsibility I have is to project the REAL idea of what a clients can expect with each of these outfitters.
Once again thanks for the welcome

Doug
D & D Safaris

Hey Doug,

Welcome to the forum! Hope you are enjoying the forum so far and looking forward on your input.

Best regards,

Jacques

Welcome to AH Doug.

DD

welcome to AH

Welcome to AH Doug! You are so right this website is full of people that live for the Outdoors.

Thanks everyone I have been looking through some of the forums, many interesting thoughts out there.

Doug

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaBlohm

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!