New Member hooked on Africa!

Discussion in 'Introductions & Greets' started by Bowhunter_ml, Feb 5, 2010.

1. Bowhunter_ml

Bowhunter_ml New Member

Member of:
    SCI, NAHC
    Hunted:
    USA, Canada, Namibia
    Hello all!
    While I have been a member since early 2009 I have sat back and sifted through all of the info that comes through these forums without getting involved. I am normally quite shy and anti-social but I feel it is time to get more involved in something I am becoming very passionate with.

Hunting Africa!

I have been fantasizing about Africa since I was a young boy reading about Fred Bear, Jack O'Connor and many others but it took years before I realized if I was ever going to hunt Africa I just had to take the plunge.

In 2008 I booked with Agagia in central Namibia near Okahandja. Since I am an archer at heart the Neethling's bowhunting only style was what I really was looking for! (No offense meant to all of the gun hunters out there) From the minute my wife and I landed I was hooked. This wasn't going to be a once in a life time trip! I am coming back ASAP.

While at Agagia I shot Oryx, Black Wildebeest, Eland, and several warthogs. Sometimes when you wait so long for something so special the experience is a let down. This trip was truly special. In the months before my trip my anticipation continued to mount. I am not ashamed to say that when my arrow struck home and I was standing over my 1st African kill I shed a few tears thanking the good Lord for what He has given me!

Since that trip I have been engrossed in everything about Africa. I must admit, this is THE BEST SITE I have found. Everyone treats everyone else with the utmost respect.

Hopefully I have not embarrassed myself too badly here. While I am a poor American (and proud of it) I hope you will allow me to be part of your world.

Mike Langrehr
    Wisconsin USA
  2. monish

monish AH Elite

My Photos:
    Member of:
    AfricaHunting.com
    Hunted:
    Tanzania, Nepal, Canada,
    Hi Mike, welcome to the amazing world of African game hunting thru the AfricaHunting.com. Welcome aboard, it's a very informative site as u must be aware.
    Welcome again.

Regards

Monish
  3. Bushwack

Bushwack AH Fanatic

My Photos:
    Hunted:
    Botswana, Namibia, Zimbabwe, South Africa
    Hi Mike,

Welcome to AH, hope you will enjoy it here.
  4. enysse

enysse AH Ambassador

My Photos:
    Member of:
    Northeast Wisconsin SCI chapter, Lifetime member of NRA,RMEF
    Hunted:
    Namibia, South Africa (East Cape, Guateng and Limpopo)
    Hi Mike,

Welcome to the forums, nice to have another person from Wisconsin on here.

Eric Nysse
  5. AfricaHunting.com

AfricaHunting.com FOUNDER AH Ambassador

My Photos:
    Welcome to AH. Well Mike thank you for your great introduction! I appreciate the kind words about the site and am glad that you are finding value and enjoyment from it. I think many here can relate with you in how you feel about Africa and how a "once in a lifetime" trip turned into "I'll be back as soon as I can". Looking forward to your participation in our community.
  6. TOM

TOM AH Elite

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI,DSC, QDMA, QU
    Hunted:
    Africa...are there other continents to hunt?
    Welcome to the forum....sounds like you've been around a while now already though!
  7. RogerHeintzman

RogerHeintzman AH Enthusiast

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI (Sioux Falls, SD) RMEF, NWTF, NRA, NTA, BCSC, SDTA, NDTA, P&Y,
    Hunted:
    Canada (Ontario,British Columbia,Manitoba), USA (Colorado,Montana,Wyoming,Texas,South Dakota), Africa(Limpopo,NW Province, East Cape, Kwazulu Natal,) Namibia
    Mike, welcome aboard.

AH is the most informative site i have ever visited. Just don't get much time to take in all that is offered here. Jerome has done a great job.

I will let you all know how trip #3 goes to Africa (Namibia) as soon as i get that permit for Leopard now that it will open again.

Roger Heintzman
  8. Bowhunter_ml

Bowhunter_ml New Member

Member of:
    SCI, NAHC
    Hunted:
    USA, Canada, Namibia
    Thanks everyone, I already feel like one of the family! Hopefully one day I can contribute from my experiences on the dark continent as well.

Mike
  9. Leeukop Safaris

Leeukop Safaris AH Veteran

My Photos:
    Welcome to A/H Bowhunter ml. Surely you are one of a big hunting family now.:)