New member, first trip to Africa

Paul schlaphoff

AH member
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Hello,
I'm a retired farmer from southwest Minnesota looking forward to my first African experience. I've hunted extensively in the American west for deer, elk, moose, antelope. Tried bighorn sheep but no luck. My wife and I are booked for 10 days with Zeekoepan Safaris in Kwazulu-Natal in September. I've opted for five species if my self discipline holds up. If anybody has hunted with them, I would sure be interested to hear your experiences. I met them at an SCI convention and they sure seem like a class outfit.
Paul

Welcome to AH Paul! What are the species that you are after?

Welcome to AH.

I hope you look around on AH and see what you can compare this outfit to.

Hope you have a good hunt.
Please share your Hunt Report with us.

Welcome to the site! Look around there is a lot to learn before your trip.

Welcome to AH Paul! Kevin

Right now, Kudu, Nyala, blue wildebeest, impala and warthog. I can't imagine going to Africa and not hunting a kudu. The nyala is native to this area and seemed like a nice trophy.

Welcome, lots of good info. Lots of great people. Good luck on your first safari:P Elmer Fudd:

I can't imagine going to Africa and not hunting a kudu.
This is so true for so many hunters! Hope to hear from you upon your return and I look forward to your participation in the meantime…

Welcome to AH, Paul !

Welcome to AH Paul!

Welcome Paul, I will give you a little advise on the nyala, if you see a great bull with nice ivory tips, pull the trigger!!!! They beautiful animals and will complement your kudu.

Welcome Paul. I wish you the best of luck for a highly successful and memorable trip.

gday paul welcome to AH
look foreward to hearing all about your adventure ,once you've lived the dream
enjoy the site

Welcome from Chaska Minnesota

Welcome to the site from ND!

Welcome to AH Paul!

Welcome to AH, Paul!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Walkerph

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you