New kid on the block from California

Discussion in 'Introductions & Greets' started by NUCNSHOOT, Feb 2, 2011.

1. NUCNSHOOT

NUCNSHOOT New Member

Hello to all,

We are preparing for our first trip to Africa(Namibia) this coming July. Joining me on my hunt will be my wife and two children along with a lifelong friend and spouse. This has been 2 years in the planning and we are getting more and more excited as time grows near.
    I greatly appreciate all the information that is put out by fellow hunters on this site. I will use it for my gain and hopefully return the favor to others in the future.

Rob
  2. AfricaHunting.com

AfricaHunting.com FOUNDER AH Ambassador

My Photos:
    Welcome to AH Rob! Glad to have you join our community. Don't hesitate to ask questions as you can see questions asked can benefit many others. Looking forward to hearing from you, by the way where in Namibia are you heading to, and what species are after?
  3. ndbwhnter

ndbwhnter AH Enthusiast

My Photos:
    Member of:
    NRA, SCI
    Hunted:
    USA, South Africa
    Welcome to the forum NUCNSHOOT. What will you be hunting and what type of weapons will you be taking along?

nd
  4. NUCNSHOOT

NUCNSHOOT New Member

Thank you guys,

The ranch is 70 mile from Windhoek around the town of Dordabis, Berzicht game lodge. My wish list of animals as of right now would be Kudu, Waterbuck, Mountain Zebra, Spring buck, Impala and Gemsbok. At least this is what I have budget for. I found that I had to cut my list a bit when inquiring the price to hang them on my wall. I am going through the process of getting freight cost, customs brokering and taxidermy (us vs. Africa)now. I shoot a Blaser 300 Win Mag. 180gr barnes. I trust that should take care of the above listed.

Rob
  5. 35bore

35bore AH Elite

My Photos:
    Member of:
    NRA,Missouri hunters ed, SCI, Owensville Gun Club, Quail Forever
    Hunted:
    USA, South Africa, France
    Rob,
    You will love it here, vast amount of collective knowledge here. Glad you are taking the family along, i am going June of this year and taking wife and son. We are all very excited. Have a safe and exciting adventure, Scott.
  6. AfricaHunting.com

AfricaHunting.com FOUNDER AH Ambassador

My Photos:
  7. Intu Safaris

Intu Safaris AH Enthusiast

My Photos:
    Hunted:
    South Africa, Namibia
    Welcome Rob. July is a good time of the year with warm days, but the nights can be very cold. Have a good time in Namibia.
  8. KMG Hunting Safaris

KMG Hunting Safaris SPONSOR AH Elite

My Photos:
    Member of:
    PHASA ; SCI ; DSC ; Eastern Cape Game Management Association ; PE Pistol and Rifle Club
    Hunted:
    South Africa, Namibia, New Zealand
    Welcome to teh thread Rob,
    All the best with your trip to Nam! I have no doubt that it will be a great one and will hook you for life.

Best Regards
    Marius Goosen
    KMG hunting Safaris