Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Member of
SCI, NRA
Hunted
USA, Canada
I am getting back into hunting full swing, so i ordered a new bow. I am a nut for the short compact stuff and I have always owned the shortest bows available in the past...even recurves. Not always with the best results though. When I saw this bow being used on one of the hunting channels, it caught my attention and though at the time I wasn't really hunting, i knew that this was right for me. I did not order the release gadget, just the bow. I should be able to shoot this one in a blind with no problem. Go ahead guys...let me have it!

Attachments

• 23-Magnum.jpg
    23-Magnum.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 266
I am a, to each his own kind of guy. So good luck with it. Let us know how it shoots.

I consider the "short" Mathews DXT to be on the extreme side, that was until I saw your, well, not sure if I would call it a bow or not? Please let us all know how it shoots and how much hand shock you have. You could probably stick it out the blind window! Hey if I kills, it doesn't matter what it looks like, or at least tell your self that! :)

I would put a good stabilizer on it. I would just think it might be tough to hold still. Can't wait to hear what you think of it.

Some of things that I read about it were that now dampening for noise is needed and that there is no hand shock. I will be sure to give a report on it next week. There is a good youtube video of the inventer....shameless self promotion. But I always said that if I could invent one thing for hunting or fishing, I would be rich!

23 Magnum Draw-Loc Bow

Here is the "shameless self promotion" video from YouTube that tarawa was talking about... Let us know how you like your 23 Magnum Draw-Loc Bow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Jerome!

I love my 80 to 90# Bowtech Tribute.

Its a great bow and nice and compact.

I received the bow today. Everything was perfectly set up as received. I let my friend shoot it first (he is a bow hunter) and he was quite impressed. It looked like a toy compared to his 36" long bow, but it performed as well as his bow. It was silent and it had now slap. Very stealth. I shot it for a while and did well at about 20-25 yards. I will let you know how it does on hogs, since I decided to take it instead of my rifle tomorrow.

Good review so far, seems that you are enjoying it... Let see now if it performs in the field... Pigs make for a great target. Have fun this weekend and tell us all about it.

Well, the bow performed better than I did! I shot under a big hog just at daybreak. Scared it half to death. I guess I have to practice shooting from a tree stand. I need to shoot a lot more so that I can build up these old shoulder muscles. Laying off a bow for tewnty-five years makes a guy soft.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanMatt

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber
@DERIAN KOEKEMOER SAFARIS is proud to say that we are members of PHASA.
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-09 at 08.11.01_9d17b32f.jpg