New Hunting Bow on order

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Africa' started by tarawa, Jun 5, 2009.

1. tarawa

tarawa AH Veteran

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI, NRA
    Hunted:
    USA, Canada
    I am getting back into hunting full swing, so i ordered a new bow. I am a nut for the short compact stuff and I have always owned the shortest bows available in the past...even recurves. Not always with the best results though. When I saw this bow being used on one of the hunting channels, it caught my attention and though at the time I wasn't really hunting, i knew that this was right for me. I did not order the release gadget, just the bow. I should be able to shoot this one in a blind with no problem. Go ahead guys...let me have it!

Attached Files:

2. Thunder head

Thunder head AH Enthusiast

My Photos:
    Member of:
    NWTF, NRA
    I am a, to each his own kind of guy. So good luck with it. Let us know how it shoots.
  3. Indy Hunter

Indy Hunter New Member

Member of:
    SCI, QDMA, NRA
    Hunted:
    South Africa, Botswana, Maui Island USA, NW & SW USA
    I consider the "short" Mathews DXT to be on the extreme side, that was until I saw your, well, not sure if I would call it a bow or not? Please let us all know how it shoots and how much hand shock you have. You could probably stick it out the blind window! Hey if I kills, it doesn't matter what it looks like, or at least tell your self that! :)
  4. TOM

TOM AH Elite

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI,DSC, QDMA, QU
    Hunted:
    Africa...are there other continents to hunt?
    I would put a good stabilizer on it. I would just think it might be tough to hold still. Can't wait to hear what you think of it.
  5. tarawa

tarawa AH Veteran

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI, NRA
    Hunted:
    USA, Canada
    Some of things that I read about it were that now dampening for noise is needed and that there is no hand shock. I will be sure to give a report on it next week. There is a good youtube video of the inventer....shameless self promotion. But I always said that if I could invent one thing for hunting or fishing, I would be rich!
  6. AfricaHunting.com

AfricaHunting.com FOUNDER AH Ambassador

My Photos:
    23 Magnum Draw-Loc Bow

Here is the "shameless self promotion" video from YouTube that tarawa was talking about... Let us know how you like your 23 Magnum Draw-Loc Bow.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2014
  7. tarawa

tarawa AH Veteran

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI, NRA
    Hunted:
    USA, Canada
    Thanks Jerome!
  8. Gerhard

Gerhard AH Veteran

My Photos:
    Hunted:
    South Africa
    I love my 80 to 90# Bowtech Tribute.

Its a great bow and nice and compact.
  9. tarawa

tarawa AH Veteran

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI, NRA
    Hunted:
    USA, Canada
    I received the bow today. Everything was perfectly set up as received. I let my friend shoot it first (he is a bow hunter) and he was quite impressed. It looked like a toy compared to his 36" long bow, but it performed as well as his bow. It was silent and it had now slap. Very stealth. I shot it for a while and did well at about 20-25 yards. I will let you know how it does on hogs, since I decided to take it instead of my rifle tomorrow.
  10. AfricaHunting.com

AfricaHunting.com FOUNDER AH Ambassador

My Photos:
    Good review so far, seems that you are enjoying it... Let see now if it performs in the field... Pigs make for a great target. Have fun this weekend and tell us all about it.
  11. tarawa

tarawa AH Veteran

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI, NRA
    Hunted:
    USA, Canada
    Well, the bow performed better than I did! I shot under a big hog just at daybreak. Scared it half to death. I guess I have to practice shooting from a tree stand. I need to shoot a lot more so that I can build up these old shoulder muscles. Laying off a bow for tewnty-five years makes a guy soft.