New Guy Looking for Some Guidance

Great info everyone and thank you to all for the welcome. I'll be getting the stuffing done in SA and having the finished product shipped to Edmonton after all the advise. I love it when a plan comes together.

RJ

Welcome Rockjockey, as you have already found out, this is a great site.

When are you going Rockjockey?

We leave Edmonton on April 22 and return May 12. We're going to do some fishing once we are done the hunt as well.

Nice, I'm in Leduc, and will be heading out next March, so it will be nice to know how it all works for you! Best of luck!

Awesome, we will leave a couple animals for you.....HaHa. It will be a great trip that I'm looking forward to, just wish the dollar was a little stronger but that's the way it goes. I'll let you know when I return.

I'd would certainly like to pick your brain once you return!

You bet. I taken off work until the first week of June to get my niece her first bear I'll be busy with that. After that I would be glad to have a chat and answer any questions.

Sounds good! Best of luck in SA, and also with the niece and her bear!

Welcome to the forum RJ. As has been mentioned, ask the outfitter that you are thinking about hunting with to supply you with a estimate. You are welcome to drop me an email, and I will be more than happy to get some details for you.

All the best in your planning.

Take Care,
Marius Goosen
KMG Hunting Safaris

I would second the advice to talk to your outfitter and taxidermist. I just got my bill for a single box with two kudu, nyala, and buchbuck shoulder mounts along with a couple of backskins. The outfitter was $150 over for the low end of his estimate from 14 months ago ($1400-$1500) and the taxidermist was $50 over from his estimate 2 months ago ($1300-$1400). There is a fuel surcharge and I expect that is a bit lower than they anticipated. I expect your guys will probably do as good of a job estimating as well ... as long as the fuel surcharge does not go up. My total costs to Houston, TX was $1250. The breakdown of the individual costs are :

Freight $ 551.00

Fuel surcharge 117.00

Security fee 12.00

EDI fee 60.00

Terminal fee 75.00

Nature permit 110.00

Fumigation 47.00

Insurance 63.00

Rex Freight 215.00

Total $ 1250.00

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Efren35C00

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross