Media
Articles
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Member of
NRA, DSC
Hunted
USA (Kansas, Virginia, Texas)
Just bought a new CZ550 in .375 H&H. I love it! Shoots well and recoil isn't really any worse than a lightweight 30-06
Planning an overseas dangerous game hunt with friends within the next five years - We're thinking Buffalo in Australia.
I know a lot of folk on this site are old hands, but this is pretty big stuff for us. Just wanted to say your site has been a big help.

Your purchase was a wise one. The CZ 550 is a great rifle, and the caliber is fantastic. I hope you have many years of happy shooing with your rifle. I owned one in 416 Rigby, and a 100 yrds you could cover 3 shots with a half dollar. Good luck in Australia. BTW welcome to the forum.

Welcome to AH, I have a 375 H&H CZ 550 and yes it's a great rifle.

the exact rifle and caliber that I used for my ones shot cape buffalo and the exact same rifle and caliber I am using for my elephant in about six weeks.
Cheers, Mike

Hello Jay, welcome to the forums.

We have two .375's as loan rifles in our camp, one of them being identical to your CZ 550 which a lot of our clients use to successfuly take Asiatic buffalo with.

Loaded with a premium grade projectile which is delivered to a vital area, the .375 is a very effective buffalo cartridge.

Although now extremely expensive here in Aus we have found the Barnes Tripple Shok the most reliable and consistent penetrating bullet.

I could also reccomend C.E.B's (Cutting Edge Bullets) and North Forks.

Good luck with your 550 and good hunting.

Paul.

Hi Jay,
Welcome to the forum. Got a CZ in .375 H&H as well. What a beaut ! Love it.

Best Regards
Marius Goosen

:welcome: Now the real fun starts - working up your favourite accurate load..!

Good choice, Jay. I have a CZ 550 in .375 H&H that I bought off a bloke in the Northern Territory, and he used to hunt water buffalo with it. Great rifle, great caliber, just got to love it! Best of luck with your hunt!

Jay, it will become like an extended arm Welcome to the site, Paul T can help but also check out Leithen valley hunts as well as coralsea, I have known George(Leithen) for the last decade with going to the US and what not, good solid honest hard hunting company,
And off course they take some rippers,
Enjoy!

Welcome to AH Jay! You made a great choice in the CZ, enjoy!

Hi Jay.

A warm welcome to the forum.

I used a .375H&H CZ550 since my mid teens and I can honestly say that the bark is definitely bigger than the bite. The recoil management is excellent and definitely comparable to that of a .30-06. Good choice! With the standard factory 24" barrel it shot most accurately with factory-loaded PMP286grain bullets. With a pretty common 3-9X40 scope I was confident in the Kalahari with those open long ranges on gemsbuck and red hartebeest, and in the Limpopo I faired quite well with bush game at close ranges. Confidence and comfort with ones rifle is key. You can't go wrong with a .375H&H.

Have fun!

Regards,

Welcome to the forum, Jay, that s a nice rifle !

Great rifle choice it will serve you well as long as you practice with it. welcome!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OmaMcGill

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg