New club starting, HA (Hoarders Anonymous)

jduckhunter

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
DU, JSA, NAHC( Life member), NRA (Life member)
Hunted
Namibia, Zimbabwe, USA (PA ,WY,TX,MT,AK,NJ,DE,VA,WV,SD,MA,NC,FL,MD,CA) Canada (QC,NF,ON,NT,NWT,BC), New Zealand
I'll start things off, Hi my names Jeff and I am a hoarder. I can't help myself, I've been buying ammo by the case for years, power by the keg, bullets by the 1000's and shot by the ton. It all started years ago before any of the recent shortages were even on anyone's mind, call it an obsession or what ever you will. I'm a firm believer in the premise that a man simply can not have too many bullets.
If anyone else would like to confess all and join the club the membership is open, who knows you might feel better.

A wise man told me to never rest my head without 100K primers on my shelf. I heeded that advice and took to investing in Lead, Copper and Brass rather than .com stock. I can rest easy at night now.
Cody

A wise man told me to never rest my head without 100K primers on my shelf. I heeded that advice and took to investing in Lead, Copper and Brass rather than .com stock. I can rest easy at night now.
Cody

None of that is any good if you don't have powder......:A Popcorn::V Poke:

Don't worry Phil, all I am lacking is the time to shoot. After all, you pay the same HazMat fee on one pound as you do on fifty so why buy only 1.

Echo all of that..... I have a closet full of ammo. Ranging from .22 to 375 H&H..... I am convinced some day, ammo will be for valuable than gold, and easier to sell in crisis.
:A Thumbs Up:

Have one whole side of my gun safe loaded with ammo. Minimum of six boxes for every firearm. Why heck I even have 500 rounds of 22LR and I haven't shot that one in 30 years! Now I will not claim horder status just yet but one might accuse me if such and one wouldn't be far off!

My wife was paying bills the other day.

I heard her say out loud "What's this"?

I was like a little kid who got caught stealing a cookie...I bet I even ducked!

You see, I bought 17 pounds of powder and 7,000 primers to add to the 150 lbs of powder and 70,000 primers I already had. And I "forgot" to mention it to her. Heck, it was only a little over $500. Who'd miss that small change?

Turned out she was looking at something else! Whew! I may as well go out and make another order....

When this sort of thing happens to you with any frequency, you know you have a problem.

My name is Erik, I have two entire closets filled with 1000's of rounds of everything from 22lr to 416 ruger as well as 25acp to 45 colt. I have cases of brass, primers, bullets, and powder. I have two chests of black powder and lead bullets ranging from 44 to 69 cal to feed the old smoke poles. There's about 8 cases of shot shells from dove loads to steel BB's. Does that count?

Seems some of us are ready for the world to turn into one of those apocalypse with zombies or aliens and ammunition is always low. :ROFLMAO:
Don't forget fuel, that's the other thing they seem to run out of. (n)

Gizmo I think you qualify for the horder status. You too Tarbe! Gizmo I found Hornady 416 Ruger DGS on clearance at Midway USA last night. I bought four of the six boxes. They are $57 a box. You might want to snatch the other two up.

Hi, my name is Jim and I have a problem...............

I have actually notified a friend that is on the volunteer fire department that if my home happens to catch on fire to stay clear of the north center side of it.
I took inventory a couple of months ago and found that I have over 80lbs of powder, 10,000 large rifle primers, 5,000 large pistol magnum primers, 7,000 small rifle primers, and less than 500 small pistol primers....I need to start looking for these.
In addition to the powder and primers I have close to 15,000 loaded rounds ranging from 9mm up to .340 Weatherby....It was a long winter and reloading is my pass time while it is snowing. I will go through over half of the loaded rounds this coming summer.
I also keep finding bricks of 22Lr that I have purchased over the years
I don't even want to think or look at all the shotgun cases that I have loaded that include 10, 12, 20, and 410 gauges.

I actually figure that I am not a hoarder. I just find that there is less time to shoot all the ammo that I reload during the cold months in the summer time.
I do know that as far as 22Lr is concerned I keep finding bricks of them that I have put away for safe keeping over the last 30 years, but I do manage to donate quite a few of them to local Boy Scouts for when they want to get their hunter safety cards. But for right not I know of at least 5,000 rounds of 22Lr.

One of my sons is a Firefighter / Paramedic in a huge city on the N/E Coast of the US, and I quote;

"Dad, you really need to think about building a concrete powder magazine into the hill out back of your place there, because you're getting ridiculous."

My name is Eric, I'm a hoarder of ammo and guns. They say I'm prepared for World War 3.

Np with powder only have a 10kgs about 22lbs for those who prefer it that way.

However living on an Island in the North Atlantic. ......yep you guessed BRASS.

After reading this thread I actually realised I have a spreadsheet for BRASS.

A quick check confirmed I have brass for 22 calibres I do not own ......

30.06 once fired RWS 1800

Some are scary

500 NE 120
500 416 that's a round. ....100

The list goes on and on

But hey let's not talk about bullets ....They only come in bricks of 10 .....

When reloading room is finished will post pics as a confessional .....Please don't mention dies ......

i am a small time compared to you guys 5000 22 LR 45 +lbs powder assorted flavors enough bulletts for hunting the rest of my life. any of you Felles have any 330 dakota brass you might part with unprimed or loaded thanks KIevin

My name is Erik, I have two entire closets filled with 1000's of rounds of everything from 22lr to 416 ruger as well as 25acp to 45 colt. I have cases of brass, primers, bullets, and powder. I have two chests of black powder and lead bullets ranging from 44 to 69 cal to feed the old smoke poles. There's about 8 cases of shot shells from dove loads to steel BB's. Does that count?
No you're short on shotgun shells by a bunch!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WandaDetwi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross