New bloke from down under

Coop 45

Reaction score
Member of
SSAA
Hi All,
Just thought I had better introduce myself. I live in NSW in Australia and have just purchased a howa 1500 stainless steel in 375 ruger with a 24" barrel. The barrel was drilled and tapped for open sights which I have put on, and when I can save up a bit more money a scope will go on. The plan is to save up and go somewhere in Africa in a few years.
Only fired a few shots so far out of the new gun, but I am very impressed with this as a calibre. Only issue is when you put all three in the magazine the top one gets stuck and will not feed properly, will have to look into this further.

Welcome Coop, 375 is generally for big game hunting, you will definitely need to sort out the feeding problem.

Welcome to the great forun on the world. Your caliber is excelent.
I use Mauser mod.98 in 404Jeffery.
Witold

Welcome to the forum @Coop 45 the right forum to answer all your questions about hunting, ammo and rifles. The right calibre, for Africa - Big Game in mind. Get to the factory, or distributor to sort the out the feeding mechanism of your rifle.

Enjoy the forum, sit back and watch this video of our hunting operation;

Hi mate good see another Aussie on this great site you done well to find this great site with heaps great info and stories with heaps of good offers on hunts by some great top safari operation . You will be saving hard after reading about Africa it is awesome over there. sounds like got good gun just got work out that little problem with it.
What you hunt over your way while your waiting for Africa ?

gday coop , welcome to AH , enjoy the site mate.
where in Africa you thinking of hunting and whats on the menu ?

Welcome Coop to AH!

This is a fantastic site where experienced people will always help you with great advice - they help me all the time

PM me if you want advice of getting your firearms through customs etc.. A process you do not want to get wrong...

Ado

Welcome to AH.

I agree you had best look into it, if your cartridges are sticking.

Good luck with the solution.

Welcome to AH Coop 45!

Welcome from Minnesota USA

Welcome to AH !

Welcome to AH!

Welcome!

Welcome to AH Coop
e-upside-down.gif
! Love the 375 myself working on building a 458 Win Mag right now, have a groundhog problem here in Alabama! Enjoy the site But Avoid bluey he's a bad influence! :E Lol::D Cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to AH Coop 45! ..............More than a few here can be a "bad influence" mate! :A Gathering: :S Kneel:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnT3006

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg